In order to tync my contacts and calendar can I use my bluetooth connection? Right ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shellgame921 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Sync using Bluetooth

Advertisement

In order to tync my contacts and calendar can I use my bluetooth connection? Right now the option to use or set that up is grayed out.

Desktop Manager >> Options >> Connection Settings

I do not have data service at this point, but I don't see that as being the issue since this would be a direct syncronization any way.

Thanks

StacyR no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Sync using Bluetooth

Hey glad I am not the only one... I have established a bt connection and paired them and they can see each other yadda yadda, but I have the same thing... sucks cuz the sync part is the biggest thing I'd like to use the BT for!

Hopefully someone can help...

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

I've got the same but haven't had time to do any more about it. One thing I had thought about was reinstalling the Desktop Manager with BT enabled on my laptop. I usually keep BT switched off as it kills the battery life and figured that maybe this was the problem, i.e. installing without having BT active and therefire visible to the installer program

StacyR no está en línea Stack level 2

Hmmm so there are at least three of us with this issue at least, huh? It kinda bites, I mean the wire-free aspect of this baby is a big sell and it just pains me to pull out the cable every night to sync my calendar! It must be something simple, I can transfer files using the bluetooth but not sync...

Hoping maybe some other BB Guru has the answer?

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by shellgame921
    In order to tync my contacts and calendar can I use my bluetooth connection? Right now the option to use or set that up is grayed out.

Desktop Manager >> Options >> Connection Settings

I do not have data service at this point, but I don't see that as being the issue since this would be a direct syncronization any way.

Thanks
    does your computer support bluetooth?

PIN/ID

PIN/ID

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

The above two links will help, but to save you time, you have to use the Microsoft XP SP2 bluetooth stack, otherwise, you are outta luck.

I have an HP TabletPC tc1100 and HP created their own bluetooth stack based on the widcom drivers. The only way to be sure you get the Microsoft stack installed is to do a fresh install, do the upgrade to SP2 / TabletPC 2005 and let the OS find the Bluetooth driver. Uninstalling and removing the drivers manually did not work work. I am sure this is just a TabletPC thing as TabletPC's can be finicky over things which a regular PC or laptop is a no brainer.

shellgame921 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help! I finally took the time to go through the process.

ggmleko no está en línea Stack level 1

I finally tracked down the answer to this and Im going to post it because it was alot of work and it seems that people are having problems with it.

First google bth.inf, download it and put it on your desktop, this is the MS stack and driver you need for your blackberry software to recognize and sync.

Uninstall your current stack from the control panel.

Next, click on start, then run and type into the command, %windir%\inf

Put the bth.inf file in there, drag and drop it.

Now allow the plug and play to search for the driver.

It will install everything for you and your desktop software will recognize your bluetooth for sync

mlehane no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow!!!! ggmleko, Thank you. Sounds difficult but following your instructions one at a time, I did it in less than 5 minutes. thanks!!!!