Hey Everyone, I'm new to BlackBerry but I'm already hooked on my shiny red Pearl. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sneakyeek no está en línea Stack level 1

Question sync questions

Hey Everyone,
    I'm new to BlackBerry but I'm already hooked on my shiny red Pearl. I just have a couple of questions about sync-ing and would appreciate any help I can get.

I use a Mac at home and a PC at work so I have different calendars, one in outlook and one in iCal. I want to put them both on my BB but I have no idea how to do that. If I sync at home with iCal then go into the office and try to sync it again there on the PC will it overwrite the info I've already put on there?
    Can I create different folders for the dif appointments?

Also, I've set up different email accounts but I don't like how there is a different folder on the "desktop" for each email account then a folder with all the messages listed. Is there a way to consolidate the icons so I have 1 messages folder with subfolders for my different accounts?

Finally, if I'm sitting at work receiving email is there a way to preempt it from showing up on the BB if I read it right away or am signed in to my work account? The incessant beeping or vibrating on my desk is really annoying.

Sorry for the long post, but I just need some answers from you more experienced BB folks out there.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: sync questions

sneakyeek - welcome to the stacks.

i don't sync with a mac, but i do know that there are settings withing dm to choose how it syncs and what should win, if any (computer or bb). syncing with the mac you would need the pocketmac software, i assume. so you should get that from here:

you do already have ONE folder...hide the others by scrolling on to them, clicking the menu key and choosing 'hide icon'

the only way to stop the push messages being delivered to your bb is to turn the wireless off. there isn't a 'disable' key to shut off email...and the downside to that is, that once you turn the wireless back on, your email will flood in because its been qeued and waiting (if you are really fast, you can delete them from your desktop before they get pushed to your bb )