Hopefully someone can help me here. I have two new symbols that appeared on my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lakey13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Symbols on display

Advertisement

Hopefully someone can help me here. I have two new symbols that appeared on my blackberry pearl last night.

The first is a small tape recording, which I thought was a voice mail of course and isn't. Is there any other applications that a tape recorder indicates when it appears?

The second is very small and almost looks like a small number 8 lying on its side. I have never seen this one before.

I know ... I even think I sound crazy, but these two new "message" indicator symbols are driving me crazy.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Symbols on display

your phone is busted, throw it in the river.

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

im sorry i know that wasnt any help but i just lmao....maybe its because it almost 7am and im coming off a 10 hour shift at work...dunno but i thought it was dang funny
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Do you have "pushed" messages coming to your phone?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

The tape recorder is a voicemail. If you do not have any voicemails send yourself a voicemail and mark it urgent. When you delete the urgent voicemail the tape recorder should disappear.

I cant help with the 8, or infinity symbol. Let us know what happens.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by lakey13
    Hopefully someone can help me here. I have two new symbols that appeared on my blackberry pearl last night.

The first is a small tape recording, which I thought was a voice mail of course and isn't. Is there any other applications that a tape recorder indicates when it appears?

The second is very small and almost looks like a small number 8 lying on its side. I have never seen this one before.

I know ... I even think I sound crazy, but these two new "message" indicator symbols are driving me crazy.
    Any chance the "8" is your bluetooth enabled? You could try turning off bluetooth and seeing if it disappears. That's my best guess, the manual AT&T sends with this thing is pretty lame. That was the closest symbol I saw to what you describe.