Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Justyn ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the hourglass comes up like it would on a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Sym Key Lag

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the hourglass comes up like it would on a PC. If the BB has too much to do or almost has a lot of used phone memory, it will lag and the hourglass will pop up for a few seconds
    I hate the dreaded hourglass as well.

But this problem, at least for me, does not involve the hourglass. I never see it. Just a delay in opening the SYM menu.

EDIT: Had this post open for awhile, sorry.

luislyricz no está en línea Stack level 2

I ALSO ONLY GET THE LAG WHEN IM OPENING THE SYM MENU NO HOUR GLASS JUST ALOT OF LAG!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Yeah, I picked up this issue when I switched over to one of the bPhone themes. It only happens when I'm trying to open the sym menu, its annoying, but not the end of the world, I guess.

I'll try some other themes later and see how they are affected. Details at 11.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

RLC44 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've found other posts that point to problems with specific themes as the culprit. I have the lag when I use one theme in particular (edited it and can't remember where I got it from). I don't know if someone at Plazmic or someone who creates a lot of themes has some solution.

gokoudes no está en línea Stack level 1

The delayed symbol menu is an issue with themes that use transparency effects in their menus. Even if there's no apparent transparency in the menu, it may be some setting used when the theme is created. I haven't seen a fix for this, except to use a theme without menu transparency effects. Hope that helps!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Im using glassberry zen and its close to instantaneous

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the issue can come from 2 places that I know of. Shortage of available memory (clear your browser cache, unused bookmarks, themes, inbox messages) or a large filesize for the pic used as the symbol menu background. If you have cleaned up your memory hogs and it still lags, switch themes and I bet you notice a difference. Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12