Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello All Stackers I Dont Know If Anyone Else Has Had This Problem I Updated ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

luislyricz no está en línea Stack level 2

Sym Key Lag

Advertisement

Hello All Stackers I Dont Know If Anyone Else Has Had This Problem I Updated My Os To .107 About Three Weeks Ago Running Fine The Only Thing I Came Across Is When I Type The Sym To Add Symbols It Lags Alot!! Has Any One Else Had This Problem ?

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Sym Key Lag

Can't say I've had this problem. Have you tried a battery pull since your upgrade?

Everytime And Nothing It Lags Like Crazy

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

I have had this problem! However, this only happens for me with the bPhone theme and no others. So, I just dropped it. What theme are you using?

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1

I have the exact same problem!!!!!!
    I hate it so much. I have tried using different themes and re starting my phone and nothing helps. My buddy has a pearl and his has no lag at all. Mine is about 3-4 seconds before it pulls it up.

Yeah It Takes Out About Three Or Four Seconds For Mine To Im Using Bb Today Theme

I did have someone mention to me that they thought it was due to an excessive amount of messages on the device. I have mine set to keep "forever," so I deleted everything up to the last 4 months and still no change for me, but I guess you could give it a try.

However, like I said, this only happens to me with one particular theme.

I Clear My Messages Every 4 Days Or So I Have Tried Othier Themes And Nothing It Still
    Does The Same Im Racking My Head Cause Eveything Else Works Perfectly Fine Expect
    That

PIN/ID
    256C11B1

I had the bphone theme and just tried 3 other themes and nothing. I only keep my messages for 15 days. ??? Maybe I am being punished.

Me Too!!

PIN/ID
    n/a

I know last weekend my phone went to edge and started working real slow. Couldn't get on my computer to ask the stacks right away, so called 611. The dude at BB Suport told me to try re-installing the software to get my phone working faster... I didn't like the advice, and didn't want to do it, but my phone was uber slow and I had no other choice. My pearl runs like a champ now.

Here's some of my "opinions" on how to get the Houglass of Discomfort to go away.

*Delete your un-used Themes, and move anything saved on your phone to your SD card (if you have one)

*Make sure you completely close out all of your apps (using the back key until the app closes instead of the "End" button) [this goes for the broswer especially!]

*Do not do a battery pull more than once a day. (A day is pushing it, I reset mine once every 2 days unless I get stuck in a screen for more than 30 minutes.)

*If you do get a spinning hourglass for a while, let the BB do what it has to do. Don't press anything or pull out the battery. Once in a while the BB just has to "think" because it might be trying to correct a conflict of applications. Pulling the battery will cause the conflict to stay, pressing buttons will make it think longer. If its spinning for more than 15 minutes there might be a problem and contact a tech here at Pinstack, or dial 611 for Customer Service.

Good points, but this doesn't involve the hourglass. There is simply a 2-3 second delay after pressing the SYM key before the menu pops up. Ultra annoying.

PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the hourglass comes up like it would on a PC. If the BB has too much to do or almost has a lot of used phone memory, it will lag and the hourglass will pop up for a few seconds

PIN/ID
    256C11B1

ya but the hour glass does not appear when trying to access the symbols while typing, it just lags for a second then opens. No hour glass at all.
    Last edited by thestewside; 09-26-2007 at 01:19 PM.

PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh crap. I misunderstood then. If no hourglass comes up then ignore everything I said. I'm an idiot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast