Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No need to trash me. I am looking for some advice. For the past year ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

Switching to iPhone

Advertisement

No need to trash me. I am looking for some advice. For the past year and a half this site has been very helpful to me and my Pearl. I plan to get the iPhone next week after visiting ATT the past few weeks and messing with the older version.

My question is to the stackers here that have tried or had the iPhone and a blackberry. I know this is a blackberry forum but can you describe why you did or didn't like the iPhone? After just about 25 minutes of messing with it I was impressed but that was a short time.

I'm sure there are a few that have had one longer than that and can give some good feedback to make me wait for the bold.
    Thanks

thedevilinme03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317f70ae
    Well buddy just to let you know I talked to a att rep and he said the new I phone is laggy it will not open attachments and the touch screen is still having issues. I personally had the wing for tmo running windows mobile 6.0 and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough, not gunna trash you but don't get rid of ur BB because the iphone aint for everyone and. Might switch right back. Good luck

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    iPhone is a great phone, but here are my reasons.

1. Doesn't have a keyboard!!! (Must have a qwerty keyboard, but not on screen.)
    2. I'm not leaving T-Mobile for no phone.
    3. Not to big on touch screens, but I can deal with it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pashka37 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Um I really like my blackberry but I would say that iphones are cool and everythin but if the battary dies you can't charge it you hav to get a new battary so I wouldn't want to change my phone co from tmobile to att

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Man I've said a lot on this issue.. if you don't NEED the great email, or keyboard, copy paste, MMS, etc, functionality, etc.. then get an iPhone. I've been through 3 of them, I've given one away and sold two.

It all depends on your needs.

fatsoomeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA7EFA
    this is a big debate everywhere BB vs Iphone
    besides all the above stated
    blackberry makes bricks
    apple makes eggs lol (bad comparison but it works)
    ive dropped my blackberrIES many times and nothing
    my buddy has an iphone dropped both of them but ive dropped my blackberry many more times than him and he has a crack in his screen which does impair the touch screen he tries to touch something on the crack and the phone says hes touching an inch away from where his finger is

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    If you're refering to the new 3g, check the rates on AT&T's site...wallet emptying!
    Stick with RIM. They have no intention of being displaced as the world leader, and the $Hundred Million they've put up for third party development is a testament to that fact.
    As the RIM co-CEO indicated a couple weeks ago, touch screens have been around for ten years. And ask yourself, honestly, do you want a cutesy gimmick in your hand, or the Blackberry that's performed flawlessly for you?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I was also interested in getting one but you know what I've done so much research that I would much rather wait for the new bb touchscreen. Not so much for the touchscreen keyboard but for its big screen . Well, I think you should search for my thread "Another reason why I shoul not get the iphone" it's a very lengthy, detailed and thorough reason why "I" will not be getting one. It sure is eye candy but IMHO I'd rather keep my bb. But it is entirely up to you. You asked for opinions and that's just what mine is. I do suggest you do a thorough research before making the switch though, I know I did and I'm very pleased you also gotta look at what you wanna use it for. If you don't really need a bb I'd suggest you get a new phone other than a bb
    Last edited by raton; 07-02-2008 at 08:46 AM.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    What I don't like about my iPhone:
    1: no profiles. Only sound and vibrate
    2: no native instant messaging program that stays logged in continually
    3: too skinny and slick. Get an agent 18 (I think is the name) case for it, you will thank me later
    4: no way to turn off sms notification while on a phone call
    5: when using it as a phone if you are a guy and have any type of facial hair, it will pull some hairs out because of the chrome accent
    6: mms didn't bother me because you could use swirly mms
    7: no keyboard
    8: no copy and paste
    9: email is not instant
    There are others but its been a while since I actually used it as a phone (its just used as an ipod now).
    For multimedia and web-browsing in wifi spots though, it was great.

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~iphone has no third party software to make customizations, software is limited, battery has to be replaced, more expensive, touch keys are slower than buttons, can't use a touch screen in cold weather if you have gloves on, phone isn't as clear, att sucks compared to tmoblie or Verizon. Iphone is a toy, blackberry is a serious business tool. Its all show no go.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    No need to trash me. I am looking for some advice.
    I'm not the kind to trash anyone. My compliments for your well written request for feedback.

I purchased an iPhone after the waiting lines subsided a few days after its release date. My purpose for buying one was simply to see what it was like, not as a BlackBerry replacement. I routinely buy all kids of unlocked, unbranded phones straight from Hong Kong. I just a tech lover of phones & laptops, so I enjoy buying a lot of different ones to try out. So the point I'm making is just to give you an idea of what my experience is as compared to a lot of different phones, not just the BlackBerry.

The major difference with the iPhone is it's focus on entertainment. I found that when using it's WiFi & browser, the internet experience is quite nice. It's iPod features for music are also well known. So as an entertaiment device it hit the mark. As a phone I was very surprized at the poor call quality. The lack of regular keys is also a big drawback, as one cannot text, & certainly not compose emails as fast, easy, and as comfortably as with a BlackBerry. I also see the lack of basics a huge problem. Such as, no cut & paste, no user replaceable battery (Apple takes 8 days & $97.00 to install a battery) & no slot for a memory card. These types of shortcomings are unacceptable.

So, what to do if one really wants one? Simple, get an iTouch. The newest in the iPod line it offers all the best parts of the entertainment side of the iPhone, without the expensive two year contract & poor phone. Myself, I'm reminded once again why I find BlackBerrys the best for me.

Good luck with your decision!

Cheers
    via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB
    Thanks for the replies. My pearl is personal and not business required. Still have 8 days to decide. The tough part is the pearl has been the best phone I have own and no problems at all with it. The temptation is just too much but I'm trying not too. This blackberry has been flawless. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Do not give in...Don't go to the light...come back to us don't make us go after a month with the Iscam 2 we told you so

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    just do what ur heart wants,iphone one was great,and i sure the 3g iphone will be greater,but BB r also great,and the 3g iphone the battery is replaceable so i was told,u can always come back
    Mike

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!
    Theres only one way to find out for sure!!!! (we will be waiting here with open arms!!)
    "The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they will be when you kill them"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast