Thank you for letting me post. I have a BB 8100 that I think might ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

peregenus no está en línea Stack level 1

Suretype while on Phone mode?

Advertisement

Thank you for letting me post. I have a BB 8100 that I think might have a Suretype glitch. Or maybe it wasn't supposed to work in the first place. Anyway, say for example that I wanted to call Scott but I don't remember his phone number. I can look it up in my address book and dial from there, but I can also click the green phone button and type his name while on the phone screen. The first 2 letters will show up as "Ac" but as soon as I enter the letter "o", suretype takes over and corrects the entry to "Sco" and I finish it off with two "tt" s.

Scott actually is a colleague of mine and he approached me saying that when he types his name while on Phone mode (he has an 8100 as well), his entry does not auto-correct. He said it was working before. So I called T-Mobile (too bad I couldn't see the puzzled look on their faces). Anyway, they were not able to help.

My hands got itchy so I started adjusting my phone. I was able to turn Suretype off by pressing and holding the * key (still while under the phone mode). Hey, mine doesn't auto-correct anymore either. Ok, so I tried to bring the feature back. IT WILL NOT COME BACK!

I'll end this here by asking if any of you folks have come across something similar if not the same issue regarding this. If not, then my next step is to start clean and reload the system apps on the phone. That in itself is another problem for another post. Thank you. Oh, I'm using the T-Mobile Zen theme. I switched to the other themes with no luck.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Suretype while on Phone mode?

peregenus, Welcome to PinStack.

Have you checked in the Options - Screen/Keyboard settings to see if you can set it back there. I don't have the pearl and have never used Sure-Type so I'm just guessing.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Go to compose a message or email or something. Scroll down to the actual field where you will put the message, not the name or subject area, and hold the * button down for like 3 seconds and it should turn multitap off and sure type back on.

Lemme know.

Thank you for responding.

I can't find any adjustments in the screen/keyboard, Rcbjr. I did go to languages with the Tmobile tech but setting that up didn't solve the problem.

N8DBB, my first post was getting too long and boring to read that I didn't include the fact that this issue only appears when in phone mode. In other functions such as sms or email, switching back and forth between multi-tap and suretype using * works flawlessly. But in phone mode, my entries do not auto-correct (so suretype is not functioning even though it did earlier today). Earlier today, in phone mode, I could type "alex" and it will show up as "alex". Now, it shows up as "alez". I could type "paul" and "paul" will appear. Now, it's "oaul". Multi-tap doesn't even work, come to think of it. If I hit A-L-E and Z twice to get the X, I get A-L-E-Z-Z.

Funny, but it's one of those times when I should've just left the * alone and not played with it. But who would've thought?

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

peregenus,

When you begin to type out a name in the phone application, does the "name filtering" still work, even though the letters displayed don't match what you're looking for?

For example, if I type is A-N, the list of displayed numbers had entries such as Andrew and Anna. But it also has entries such as Snow and Snead, because the key combination also corresponds to S-N. So even though "An" is displayed on the screen, the filtered list shows entries for all possible key meanings.

So my question is: if you type in A-N, do you get only An entries, or do you get the Sn entries as well?

Yes, you are correct, Squished. I saw both A and S entries on the bottom part of the screen. I can then scroll through the names and press the trackball on the name that I want to dial.

At any rate, I went ahead and reloaded the sys apps on the phone. Such a valuable thread on pinstack regarding how deleting the vendor.xml file to make the BB think that I was doing an upgrade (no, I'm not using Rogers but the older Tmo version). My phone is back to what it was - it auto-corrects the entry in phone mode based on what I have in my address book.

midnkight no está en línea Stack level 2

did you figure out this issue? i have the same problem and i want it back to normal.