I'm sorry to tell, but I hate when sure type is activated... I'M new to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dub-d no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    jstaskme

Question SureType... what am I doing wrong

Advertisement

I'm sorry to tell, but I hate when sure type is activated... I'M new to BB and it just stop me when suggestion are popping up while I write something...

What's wrong with me... everybody seem to like this option so much!!! lol I feel like I'M missing somethine, please help!
    Dub-D

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: SureType... what am I doing wrong

just type and hope for the best!! some new words are difficult, but stick with it, it gets to know you !!

just type and hope for the best!! some new words are difficult, but stick with it, it gets to know you !!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

just give it sometime. It takes sometime for the BB to learn. Also don't look at what your going to type. Just keep typing and most of the time it will get it right. Also go into your custom wordlists and delete the garbage that accumlates after a while.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

If u go to Options u can modify your "costum wordlist" and "auto txt" see if that helps alittle, it takes a bit of time to get used to suretype but believe me ones u do, u wont regret it.

I was just checking my custom word list< and there are some funcky words there

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I hate suretype too, but the .66 italian upgrade has made suretype a dream.. sadly it has made quite a few other things a nightmare. Cherri and I decided to downgrade.

Some couples dress alike, we share the same upgrade. it's a BB thang.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You'll get used to it... Hehehe

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

it took me a week to get used to it after that its a breeze. you gotta type and then go back and make sure everything is the way you wanted it to be. you gotta sacrafice the beauty of the 8100 for the lack of the full qwerty

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX
    it took me a week to get used to it after that its a breeze. you gotta type and then go back and make sure everything is the way you wanted it to be. you gotta sacrafice the beauty of the 8100 for the lack of the full qwerty
    That's a good point. Suretype is one of those things we have to get used to for the benefit of owning a Pearl. Type away as others have said and then look over your message and see how it did. It's easy to make corrections.

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

I do not understand how you folks think suretype is better with .66. It has DEFINITELY gotten worse for me, and I have to go back and correct almost half the time now. It's really annoying, and I wish the suretype from the .64 version was still here...

IndoorGK00 no está en línea Stack level 2

dub-d you just need to stop looking at the display and KEEP TYPING. Wait till you get to the end of the word to look or you will drive yourself crazy. In time you will get used to it. Once you get the hang of things you will see suretype will kick in and alway substitute the same words all the time. For those words you will create shortcuts in auto text! I am sure there are lots of examples out there people can share....

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes. The absolute key is to not look at what you're typing, look at the keys. I can type faster on Suretype than I can qwerty.hands down. Especially one handed.longer you use it, the more it picks up what you're trying to say based on your typing history.