i know when you type out someone name onto your phone, suretype ususally comes up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

midnkight no está en línea Stack level 2

suretype to dial name.

Advertisement

i know when you type out someone name onto your phone, suretype ususally comes up and tries to figure out the name. but lately it would just input the first letter of the two letters. and then it wont display avaible name. I have to turn the track ball before it would show avaible name with those key entries. does any know how to fix it to go back the way it was?

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: suretype to dial name.

Suretype is not the same as auto-complete.

Sure type will never try to guess the complete word from only the first couple letters.

i was not asking for auto complete. Say for example i type cgeua into the phone, it would look for all name that start with those key aka CHRIS, and display them as I type. but since it doesnt do that, it just display cgeua, and i would have to touch the scroll bar to display any name using those keys. i found an older thread and i am seeing if anyone has any updates

for anyone having this issue, i did do a hardwipe, and then backup all the data and reload it. and the suretype in phone mode works again. but there got to be an easier way. time to go experiement.

jstepy no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem here... one day my phone just started acting weird. Only way to get it working again was to wipe the phone... please let me know if you found an easier way.

SkuiD87 no está en línea Stack level 1

I think that theres a shortcut key combo that automatically switches SureType off. It's happened to me a few times. Jus hit the menu/option key while typing and hit 'Enable SureType' & Voila...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jstepy, Welcome to PinStack.

How did it start acting weird? Did it have to do with the Sure-type/Multi-Tap switch or something else?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jstepy no está en línea Stack level 1

Everything was working fine until I woke up one morning and turned the phone on. I've had the phone for 1 week.

Suretype is enabled in SMS texting, Address book application etc. I know how to enable it in the menu button with in these programs. For some reason when on the homescreen and I started to type a name (as I have done in the past) it did not work. I went to the address program and it works... go back to home screen and no luck. Just a garble of numbers and letters that didn't bring up any contacts.

Only way I found to fix it was to do a wipe... then using pocketmac 4.0 I got my addresses etc. back on. Unfortunately I guess pocket mac doesn't back up preferences etc. Not looking forward to setting up profiles again and finding the right amount of sensitivity on trackball so I can have the phone ring in my pocket!!! Any help in that area would be appreciated as well!!!

Thank you for the welcome!

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by midnkight
    for anyone having this issue, i did do a hardwipe, and then backup all the data and reload it. and the suretype in phone mode works again. but there got to be an easier way. time to go experiement.
    did you back up your custom word list?

if the name "chris" was in your custom word list, then suretype would be able to predict this with the letter combinations you input. if you wiped your handheld and didn't back up the custom word list, then it will have to learn your commonly used words over again.

ejmccartin no está en línea Stack level 2

typing from the home screen brings up the address book for me and will not auto-complete but give a list of people that start with those letters. just like going into the address book and doing a search.

is that what you are saying is messing up? I still do have to scroll down to the phone number or name if I want to email/sms. the numbers stay up there and options go away as I keep typing. specially if I miss type the name - Nick instead of Nicholas. when I hit the k it all goes south.

not sure that was really helpful but it just seems like its not a sure-type issue. don't know what I would call it.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jstepy, If this happens again, and I don't know if you tried it already, but it's just a suggestion. Before going all the way to a wipe, try a
    Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in) first.

And Do make a full backup periodically, especially before doing anything with the OS or adding things to you BB.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles