Is there any way to have both operating at the same time? I like the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jlphotog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

SureType and Multi Tap

Advertisement

Is there any way to have both operating at the same time?

I like the multi tap for picking the letters I want, but I also like SureType offering suggestions as to which word I am trying to get at.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question but I thought I would ask.

Thanks and take care.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: SureType and Multi Tap

I don't think so............

ragsfan55 no está en línea Stack level 1

No there is not....I was told that if you use Suretype long enough you get used to it however....I tried it for a month and never did.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

really?? Suretype is awesome!!
    I can type really really fast....

daredevil no está en línea Stack level 1

I like this feature, I get alot done and its vey fast when replying to messages!

D

jlphotog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I agree SureType is great I just don't like that I need to stop typing and move over to the trackball to pick which letter I want.

Proxima no está en línea Stack level 2

It took me about 2 weeks to get used to suretype. Now I can send a txt message faster than my 15 year old power-user daughter on her Razr.

Gmason no está en línea Stack level 2

Suretype is the only way to go! I didnt understand it at first and had my pearl for around 3 months before I finally got how to use it. It almost always knows what word I want and if it is new to it then it adds it to the custom word list for next time. In my opinion multitap for the pearl takes too long due to the small size and crowding of the keypad for my big fingers. And if using multitap and you dont press the key twice quick enough it will jsut put up two of the first letter instead of one of the secong letter. For instance: ee instead of r. Annoying!

-G

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

ok, I have to say, why multitap when suretype enables you to write whatever you wish in half the time?
    I know different people prefer different ways but to me atleast the way I look at it is that why walk if you can drive ??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have used SureType since about 2 hours after I got my first SureType BB, a 7100t, 3 1/2 years ago, and have not looked back. It got easier with each BB model I got afterwards (7105t with the contoured keys and Pearl with its keys which are even easier to use than the 7100 series).

For those who say that it's a pain to get used to it, try the game Trooper Typing (available via BB Browser under the games section of mobile.blackberry.com).

I use this, even as a veteran user myself, to keep up my speed.

Also, another tip is to monitor the words added to your Custom Wordlist (Options>Custom Wordlist). This is the biggest thing to remember because SureType learns words and adds them to that list. You will be surprised as to what the SureType dictionary will add to this and you may have to go thru it periodically and delete some words u don't want used.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-31-2008 at 08:33 PM.