Is it just me or SureType has gotten worse in the 8120 compared with 8100? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearly8100 no está en línea Stack level 2

SureType & 8120

Advertisement

Is it just me or SureType has gotten worse in the 8120 compared with 8100? (4.3 vs 4.2)

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Not really. I am on my 3rd ST device(7100,8100,8120) and I have backed up and moved my info and it has learned me quite well! I am twice as fast on it as my curve just because I am so used to it! If you have a specific problem, I would help if I can. . . Hope this helps. .. .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

NYC BELLA 86 xO no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I happen to agree, but I wouldn't say it's worse than the 8100, just not "more improved" than it was hyped up to be.

I have a love/hate relationship with SureType. At times it's amazing and I find myself typing so fast that I can barely comprehend if I'm making sense. Then there are times where it's ridiculously slow and suggests words that would never make sense that I want to fling it out the window. For me personally, I'm upgrading to the 8330 in January and while I know it's going to take getting used to, I know for a fact I won't miss SureType.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I find the 8120 the easiest of my 4 SureType models (7100t, 7105t, 8100 and 8120). I still have mistakes while typing but I have basically gotten to where I can type without looking at the keyboard with one or 2 hands.

I got my hands on the 8220 2 weeks ago and from the feel of it, it seems like I wouldn't have any problems making the transition. Just have to give it time.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I find the 8120 the easiest of my 4 SureType models (7100t, 7105t, 8100 and 8120). I still have mistakes while typing but I have basically gotten to where I can type without looking at the keyboard with one or 2 hands.

I got my hands on the 8220 2 weeks ago and from the feel of it, it seems like I wouldn't have any problems making the transition. Just have to give it time.
    I am able to type without looking at the phone with two hands and not make any mistakes. I think that the 8120 is the best phone to type on. In my rankings it goes, 8120, 7105t, 8100. I hated the 8100 suretype, the 8120 is far the best keyboard out there. Great phone but just too many bugs thou

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    My 8100 learned my words quickly and accurately, the 8120 however, hasn't learned anything and suggests words that aren't even words. So, yes I think that SureType isn't any better but perhaps a little worse. I even migrated my words from the 8100, but it still has problems. I still like SureType, cause when it works there is nothing better.

m0bilechic no está en línea Stack level 1

Love/Hate SureType

For me, SureType is a real love/hate relationship. Nice and fast sometimes. Painfully slow at others. I just use the rule of thumb that the faster you try to type, the slower SureType will make you type. I've always been a fan of the 8120. But check out the 8220 for the bigger SureType keyboard, which I find easier to type on. Check out my video comparison of the two phones at youtube.com/watch?v=KDz4PZPc5bo

fishbizkit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249BE5D0
    ~via smartphone~i deleted my suretype is there any ota retrieval

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbizkit View Post
    ~via smartphone~i deleted my suretype is there any ota retrieval
    I believe that if you reload the OS, suretype will be installed.