so i finally uploaded all my contacts and appointments from my at&t curve to my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mouser no está en línea Stack level 2

super slow interface navigation on pearl

Advertisement

so i finally uploaded all my contacts and appointments from my at&t curve to my vzw pearl.
    i have 4455 calendar entries and 1480 address book entries.
    I am on a BES. My pearl is now so slow even when i try to do something as simple as scroll from icon to icon.
    I've disabled wireless reconciliation in most outlook apps, thinking it might speed things up, but no luck.

any advice?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    have you removed all the unneeded languages and applications from your bb?

cleared your browser cookies, cache, history?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Are you using the standard theme? I've found that some themes are just really really slow...

Something to look at I guess...

Also, how much free memory do you have available (Found by holding down ALT and typing the EACE keys).
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

whoah. something is using up ALL my memory. need to get to the bottom of that!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    You'll find that during normal use, your memory kinda leaks out and you'll end up on the low side. I usually tried to do a battery pull once a week to counteract this affect, but it can get pretty annoying.

What applications are you currently running? I'm we can get you going we just might need some more info.

Some of the common things to look at:
    - Are your pictures being stored on your device, or on a memory card?
    - If you go to your media browser and click the menu button, you'll get an Options selection. Verify that you're reserved pictures memory isn't set too high (or set it to zero if you have a memory card.
    - I'm not sure how this works with BES, but under the options menu in your calender, there's an option regarding how long to keep appointments on your BB. Set this to something like 30 days. What this will do is not keep calender entries older than 30 days.
    - How many themes do you have installed? These take up quite a lot of memory.
    - Do you have all of the languages installed? You can remove these through the Desktop Manager under Application Loader. Simply remove any languages you don't need (most likely everything but English).

Application loader will give you the size of all of you applications so you can see if one of them is using too much memory, or isn't worth the memory it is using.

Good luck! Again, post your application list and we'll see if we can't get you sorted out.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

thank you thank you!!
    1) well i did have one theme loaded (that i didnt' even like!), so i deleted that.
    2) pics and personal ringtones (made from mp3s) are on device, but i don't have too many and i had all the exact same ones on my curve and still had plenty of memory left over.
    3) i do keep my calendar appts on the device forever, but i have 2000 less entries than i have on my curve right now

4) this is what i have:
    bb light
    gmail
    google maps
    google updater
    google news
    google reader
    google search
    picasa
    trooper typing (will leave on until i improve my suretype!)
    opera mini (a must, unless we're able to view multiple pages in 1 browser)
    pinstack
    yahoo messenger
    google talk
    ramble

the only thing that's different here is that i'm running yahoo messenger, which i wasn't able to run on my att curve.
    total apps = 2149k

i don't see anything for languages, so maybe that means i don't have them installed?

thanks!