Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

here is a good rule to remember when it comes to blackberry's. there is a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION

Advertisement

here is a good rule to remember when it comes to blackberry's. there is a reason why the US Govt only uses Blackberry's for there companies, its because its the most secure device on the market right now. Do you think some little bluetooth hack app would undermine a device which the US Govt puts all their trust into protecting secret information?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ok first off you all are wrong about this hack lol

it is only meant to prank people you know. you have to know the person in order to get their phone and pair it with yours in secret.

once paired you can check their phone book...cause their phone to ring...and other things which i cant remember right now.

ITS ONLY FOR PRANKS lol its probably called hack just to make it seem "cool".
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    here is a little tidbit of information for you. nothing against you and i am sure your just trying to have fun, but i just did 4 yrs in the Navy at a weapons testing base on the west coast. if you would have "pranked" one of the DOD, Military or Govt Officials Blackberry with that hack then they would have prosecuted you at the felony level for illegally gaining access to a govt system and honestly they really dont take lightly to "pranks" especially after 9/11

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    here is a little tidbit of information for you. nothing against you and i am sure your just trying to have fun, but i just did 4 yrs in the Navy at a weapons testing base on the west coast. if you would have "pranked" one of the DOD, Military or Govt Officials Blackberry with that hack then they would have prosecuted you at the felony level for illegally gaining access to a govt system and honestly they really dont take lightly to "pranks" especially after 9/11
    i have no idea why you are making it as serious as this. i hope no one is stupid enough to prank an official.

but on the other hand...if the person doing the pranking actually was able to get the official's phone...either they are friends with that person so they would not be prosecuted...or the official is really careless and should not be working for DOD if he can so easily get pranked with a bluetooth hack.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    trust me on an "officials" blackberry, all of them are on the Govts BES system which has a very strict IT policy. I have to change my pw every 30 days. the pw had to be atleast 8 characters long, atleast 1 upper case letter, atleast 1 number and atleast 1 special character. also you can not use a pw that you have used in your past 10 pw changes.

so if you go into a DOD's bb then they would take it seriously that you went thru all that trouble to break in and yes they would prosecute but hey dont believe, i only spent the last 4 years working for them, what do i know

PIN/ID
    N/A
    trust me on an "officials" blackberry, all of them are on the Govts BES system which has a very strict IT policy. I have to change my pw every 30 days. the pw had to be atleast 8 characters long, atleast 1 upper case letter, atleast 1 number and atleast 1 special character. also you can not use a pw that you have used in your past 10 pw changes.

so if you go into a DOD's bb then they would take it seriously that you went thru all that trouble to break in and yes they would prosecute but hey dont believe, i only spent the last 4 years working for them, what do i know
    i never said i didnt believe you. obviously they would be prosecuted because im sure its not their own BB its owned by the government issued to them. and if it is their own then they would have the option of prosecuting since its not owned by the government. the government cant prosecute someone for doing something with another person's phone, it would be up to that individual to take action. if they did...that wouldnt be very constitutional.

i said that if its so easy for someone to get a military official's BB and play with it...just to even get it in hand...they should not be working for the US Government.

can you imagine the amount of critical info on a BB like that? if they are so careless that they lose their phone or let it get taken from them...then i fear for our country.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    actually lets say for example i had my DOD bb and you stole it from me. all i would have to do is call the IT Dept Admin and tell him and he would send a wireless device wipe command and all the info would be gone before you could get home to copy it. besides my device was set to autolock after 5 mins of inactivity.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    actually lets say for example i had my DOD bb and you stole it from me. all i would have to do is call the IT Dept Admin and tell him and he would send a wireless device wipe command and all the info would be gone before you could get home to copy it. besides my device was set to autolock after 5 mins of inactivity.
    then why are we talking about this? lol

like i already said...i hope no one would be stupid enough to jack a BB that important

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    lol well you seemed to be supporting this little "prank hack" so like i said dont take it personally but just know the consequences before you do something bc maybe not everything takes lightly to having their personal or work stuff being "pranked"

PIN/ID
    N/A
    lol well you seemed to be supporting this little "prank hack" so like i said dont take it personally but just know the consequences before you do something bc maybe not everything takes lightly to having their personal or work stuff being "pranked"
    lol i agree but i only wanted it to prank people i know well. as for the others that want to "get into" someone's phone....def not the purpose of this "hack"

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    see thats better now. you ALWAYS have to put a disclaimer unless you want to be held responsible

bamaandjrfan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FCFA91
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what if someone puts a bag of poo on an "official's" door step lights it, rings doorbell and runs? Then calls their friend on a berry? Lighten up! Lol

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    TL;DR: don't do it with anyone you don't actually know.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaandjrfan View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what if someone puts a bag of poo on an "official's" door step lights it, rings doorbell and runs? Then calls their friend on a berry? Lighten up! Lol

Stinky, hot, poo-berry!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Didn't one of these threads all ready get closed??
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast