I may be in the wrong section, i apologize. This also may have already been ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mrjingles no está en línea Stack level 2

suggestion to the mods:

Advertisement

I may be in the wrong section, i apologize. This also may have already been touched on, if so I again, apologize. I did not find another thread like this one so here goes:

I am a new user to the blackberry pearl. This is my first BB alltogether, coming from the sidekick three (groan)

What I am suggesting is a write up, and sticky of a everything a n00b will need to know about the pearl. a list, very simple list of everything that can be done with the pearl. Anywhere from the most recent OS software, where to dl, games, apps, useful tips and tricks for the pearl. I know all of this is here.. and can be found by using the great Search button.
    But I for one have trouble finding what I am looking for at times, and it can def be overwelming for users new to the stacks, such as myself. I still dont know what os to update to, how to find out which one I am on now, why i should use jivetalk, what the difference between "BES" and "BIS" is.. ect,
    I really am new to all of this, so just throwing the idea out there. Also if someone didnt mind to give me the breif rundown on the ins and outs of the pearl, that would be of great help to me as well. I thank you all for your time, and I am thankful to be here.
    Once again, I do apologize if this is in the wrong section, or has already been touched on..

Thanks in advance,
    Mrjingles

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: suggestion to the mods:

I think the reason there are several different threads pertaining to pearl hardware/software/etc because if all information was condensed into one thread you would find it went on for (in Word) what would be 6 or 10 pages. when all that information is bunched together it can become overwhelming and difficult to find one particular topic within it. It would be very hard to decide what would go in an "everything" thread, but I'd be glad to touch on a few of the things you asked.

BES- Blackberry Enterprise Server
    BIS- Blackberry Internet Service

BES is basically used by companys who wish to give blackberry email/internet via a private server and BIS is a pay service where blackberry service is given by your service provider (e.g. t-mobile, verizon, att).

You can find the latest OS software at your phone provider's website under the blackberry section. You can also download unreleased OS versions from other websites. Be warned though that doing so can void your provider's warranty. If your phone were to break and you need it to be sent in for service/replacement, if they find an unreleased OS on your system you could be charged for it.

You can find 3rd party apps in the 3rd party software forum.

JiveTalk is a 3rd party chat app that runs off data. It allows you to chat over aim, yahoo, msn, gtalk and a few other IM clients. It is heavily liked among the forum. It is not an open beta so if you wish to get a copy of the program you will need to email the creators. JiveTalk homepage

I also came over from the sk3 so congrats on making a good choice. Best advice I can give you is to look around and learn from the many experts pinstack has to offer. You will find everything from how to tether your BB as a modem, to how to create your own 8100 theme. Take your time, the site isn't going anywhere.
    Last edited by blackninja; 03-27-2007 at 12:30 AM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

wow! thanks BN ^^ awesome!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    wow! thanks BN ^^ awesome!
    focus on our IM!

JayK no está en línea Stack level 2

Wow this is what I was tring to do.....he He, Ecept mine is for Italy O.S.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...g_italy_o.html
    Last edited by JayK; 03-27-2007 at 01:54 AM.
    Your Life over Radio Waves,...Makes you think..."privacy"...

chilenocesar no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Excelent idea, something like FAQ's.

Let see if we can help

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

everything you could possibly ever need is here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/BlackBerryFAQ.html
    also try here for 8100 specific:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...earl_8100.html

::edit:: thanks red...great minds think alike

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK