I have a BB 8130 with V. 4.5.0.66 software and use BB Desktop Manager V. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

regkeg no está en línea Stack level 1

Sudden problem with BB, Address Book and Desktop Mgr.

Advertisement

I have a BB 8130 with V. 4.5.0.66 software and use BB Desktop Manager V. 4.6. I've been using this combination for several weeks now.

A couple of days ago I tried to access my Address Book and all of a sudden it says it's empty. If I try to use Desktop Manager it never sees the phone although my computer knows it's there as soon as I plug in the cable.

If I try to send a text I have to input the number manually but as soon as I do and it goes to the screen where I can input the text, it shows the name of the person whose number I input.

If I type a "B" from the main home page it brings up all of the "B" listings and I can dial any number from the list of names and numbers. It's like the info is there in the Address Book and yet it still says it's empty when I try to open the Address Book.

I've pulled the battery 2 or 3 times and nothing changes when it starts back up.

Can anyone help me with this problem???

Thanks for any help you can provide.

russ65 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318985d
    Have you tried removing @redownloading your desktop?

regkeg no está en línea Stack level 1
    I got the address book thing straightened out. It was a filter setting problem.

I am finally recovering from the holiday and I will try to re-install the desktop mgr. and see if that helps.

hagop37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244BE076
    Hey RegKeg, I'm having this same problem on my 8130. I have about 70 contacts in the Address Book, but when I go to Options and see the "number of entries", it says ZERO. And of course when I try to sync on my DM 4.6 to the BES, it does nothing.

Any ideas?