SUCESS!!!!!!!!!!! spent time on the phone w t-mo rep the other day and got my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na

Sucess!!! Pearl As A Modem For Ppc Via Blue Tooth.

Advertisement

SUCESS!!!!!!!!!!! spent time on the phone w t-mo rep the other day and got my pearl working as a modem. just figured i would give it a try and sucess. pearl as a modem for my dell axim via BLUE TOOTH. i have been asking questions about this for a while and no one seems to be able to give me insight. just wanted to let every one know i did it with the same instructions posted for blackberry as a modem for pc but i tried it via blutooth for my ppc and it worked.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds neat but boy has that got to be slow. I have used the direct PC USB connection and never had a speedtest get over 40-50k at best.

PIN/ID
    na
    i have gotten up to 115k via usb to pc but bluetooth to ppc is pretty slow. im a land surveyor so its pretty cool to have internet on a larger screen to look up land maps and sutch in the field. havent had the chance to check this out yet though. still find my self turning ppc off and using isp via bb more than all of the above. doc said some thing about this crack berry thing going around, supposed to be highly contagious. no cure as of right now.

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    Sounds neat but boy has that got to be slow. I have used the direct PC USB connection and never had a speedtest get over 40-50k at best.
    The fastest connection I got was 93k...

Here is the link to the post I made.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/123690-post30.html

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try this 1/2 meg file test and see how you do. This is the official Verizon speedtest for their service. I dont think I ever got over 50k with this larger file size, usually around 40k.

http://infospeed.verizon.net/speedte...edtest500k.asp

PIN/ID
    na
    these are the results I got from the above verizon speed test using dell axim (ppc) via bluetooth

2x ISDN
    166.7KBits
    20.8KBytes

I think its testing the actual bb before it hits the ppc cuz I'm definitely not getting that speed out of it. any more insight on speebing it up is greatly apreciated. thanks guys.

PIN/ID
    na
    these are the results i got for PC via USB. I have heard about "tweaking" the port settings of the usb device its self to speed it up. any ideas?

2x ISDN
    185KBits
    23.1KBytes

thanks

PIN/ID
    na
    Also have played with the port settings before running the verizon speed test and got windows to recognize the connection at 921.6 kbps.

corncobish1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

i have tmobile just got my pearl!!! how do i connect to laptop and get internet? does it use minutes? do i have to have some special plan? does it block all incoming calls to my phone??