for lots of users that are getting errors on there blackberry when they go to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

Thumbs up success at last.

Advertisement

for lots of users that are getting errors on there blackberry when they go to http://mobile.blackberry.com and it says you need a bb browser just found out what the problem was.
    i had contacted vodafone uk (thats who i am with may be different for you) about 14 times and they kept sending wrong service books and messing me around at one point they told me there was no such thing as a bb browser.
    i tried and tried to talk to them over the phone and they didnt know what to do. in the end i went on there website www.vodafone.co.uk and clicked on contact us, filled in my details and the where it says what the problem is i must have written a lot. i told them that there was such a thing called bb browser and that vodafone dont install it as a default and that there are 2 types of browsers a mds browser for bes and a internet browser for bis customers, and that some user on vodafone have this expect me, i must have went on and on and i even gave the link to http://mobile.blackberry.com and told them what comes up on my mobile saying i need a bb browser, and told them to try it.
    and the next day i get this email from them:

Thanks for your email about your Blackberry.

I think I should clarify exactly what we can provision at Vodafone: we have access to the Blackberry provisioning site, and can provision various services. What we cannot do is send out a diffrent browser application.

However, this doesn't appear to be needed - I have checked this site and your number was NOT provisioned for mobile browsing at all, so that was clearly the cause of the fault.

We have now provisioned this for you, so your browser will be able to access this site and download once this 'service book' has come through.

Please let me know if you continue to have problems, or if I can assist with anything else,

Happy to help,

Andy Fox
    Vodafone Technical Support

problem solved.
    i looked at my bb and there are now 2 new icons a bb help icon and a bb browser icon.
    just download some themes/games and all is working great.
    so if you have the same problem try what i did and send them a LONG email you never know it may just work out.
    Death is only the beginning

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    YAY!!! I am happy that your problem is now fixed!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    thanks for the follow up.

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64
    no problem just got to keep trying all different ways.
    now all i need is a bigger memory card
    Death is only the beginning

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemojo
    for lots of users that are getting errors on there blackberry when they go to http://mobile.blackberry.com and it says you need a bb browser just found out what the problem was.
    i had contacted vodafone uk (thats who i am with may be different for you) about 14 times and they kept sending wrong service books and messing me around at one point they told me there was no such thing as a bb browser.
    i tried and tried to talk to them over the phone and they didnt know what to do. in the end i went on there website www.vodafone.co.uk and clicked on contact us, filled in my details and the where it says what the problem is i must have written a lot. i told them that there was such a thing called bb browser and that vodafone dont install it as a default and that there are 2 types of browsers a mds browser for bes and a internet browser for bis customers, and that some user on vodafone have this expect me, i must have went on and on and i even gave the link to http://mobile.blackberry.com and told them what comes up on my mobile saying i need a bb browser, and told them to try it.
    and the next day i get this email from them:

Thanks for your email about your Blackberry.

I think I should clarify exactly what we can provision at Vodafone: we have access to the Blackberry provisioning site, and can provision various services. What we cannot do is send out a diffrent browser application.

However, this doesn't appear to be needed - I have checked this site and your number was NOT provisioned for mobile browsing at all, so that was clearly the cause of the fault.

We have now provisioned this for you, so your browser will be able to access this site and download once this 'service book' has come through.

Please let me know if you continue to have problems, or if I can assist with anything else,

Happy to help,

Andy Fox
    Vodafone Technical Support

problem solved.
    i looked at my bb and there are now 2 new icons a bb help icon and a bb browser icon.
    just download some themes/games and all is working great.
    so if you have the same problem try what i did and send them a LONG email you never know it may just work out.
    Littlemojo: I'm having the runaround with Vodafone on this now to and have just been searchning for this post. Do you now have 2 browser icons: 1 for Voda Live and 1 for BB wap browsing?

When I called they didn't know what I was on about, then spoke to a techie and sent me new service books. Did the cold reboot thing and also registered on the routing table thing under Advanced Options but still nothing.

Think I'll ask for this guy Andy Fox!

Thanks

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: success at last.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yea I had this problem on Vodafone. Thing that brought my attention to it was I was being charged for data from day one as opposed to using up my data. Managed to contact someone and now have to browsers!!