How come when I'm in a darker place and walk into a bright place, my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

CoolJ no está en línea Stack level 1

Stupid question on screen brightness?

Advertisement

How come when I'm in a darker place and walk into a bright place, my screen gets brighter? Shouldn't it be brighter when I'm in the darker place? I don't know, little confused there.

Thanks!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Stupid question on screen brightness?

It adjusts backlighting to make sure you can see the screen. The idea behind it is in direct sunlight, your device will require more backlight to overcome the washout effect direct sunlight has.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Ahh I see. Thanks bud!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Until RIM puts a daylight readable screen. Sprint has a phone with one and its sweet.

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    It adjusts backlighting to make sure you can see the screen. The idea behind it is in direct sunlight, your device will require more backlight to overcome the washout effect direct sunlight has.
    Wow I didn't even know BB had this feature! But there have been moments when the backlight would just turn on to a higher intensity in the same working enviroment, weird.

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it gets dimmer in darkness so it doesn't blow up your eyes being so bright. Then it brightens up when lots of light is present to overcome the glare that is usually present. Takes you by surprise at first but you learn to appreciate it

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

It's one of those features that really makes the bb experience so great!

I also love how you can program your bb to turn off at night, and turn back on in the morning, to save battery life!

Another feature is the automatic sleep when in the holster feature! I don't know of another phone that has a similar feature (there may be one, but I don't know of it!)

All of these extend battery life, while the light sensor not only extends battery life, but makes using the bb nicer (doesn't blind you in low light situations)

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    I also love how you can program your bb to turn off at night, and turn back on in the morning, to save battery life!

Another feature is the automatic sleep when in the holster feature! I don't know of another phone that has a similar feature (there may be one, but I don't know of it!)
    Um how do you do all of the above? I can't seem to find it in the one area RIM slacked off, giving us an electronic PDF manual

Options -> Auto ON/Off