this may sound a ral stupid question!! But im very new to the world of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Yid9 no está en línea Stack level 1

stupid question

this may sound a ral stupid question!! But im very new to the world of blackberry as i only got mine yesterday, so im still learning how to use it. But could someone tell me how i access my internet browser please? Like i said its a stupd question but im still learning. Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: stupid question

You need a BlackBerry Data Plan from your carrier.

You're probably getting the message "Data Connection Refused" which means you don't have a data plan, and therefore can't receive email or use your browser.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    Ask Me

Hi Yid9. Have you signed up for a Blackberry Data plan from your carrier?

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

RIM and the carriers drive all their data through RIM's secure servers and RIM's servers only, thus the requirement for a BlackBerry Data Plan. Without said plan you'll only have access to voice and data, unfortunatley there's no way around it.

tmotechgrl no está en línea Stack level 2

Not stupid at all! Assuming you have done the above suggestions and still don't know how... could be cuz your browser icon is missing. If it is press menu, go to options> advanced options> host routing table>menu and register now. Good luck and welcome! ~via BB (

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Welcome to PinStack Yid9.

Let us know how it's going with this. I need to know the answer to these questions before we continue. Also, turn the Pearl off then bck on again. Do you get an error?

~via BB (

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3

If you already have the Blackberry data plan, there should be a globe icon (or two) on your device. Once you click on that, you should be able to type in web addresses for browsing. One thing though, because the internal browser's pretty slow, you might wanna download operamini to get faster web surfing capability.

ego13sg no está en línea Silent Stacker

hi there, i m a new bb user..

when i tried pin msging my friend, he said he can see the msg but cant reply it. what is the problem? is it because he is blocked by his company IT network? or if not, is there any other way he can figure it out to reply in the chat?

many thanks appreciate any input!