I've got a really dumb problem, not major, but still... I registered for a calculator ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Stupid minor problem...any help?

Advertisement

I've got a really dumb problem, not major, but still...

I registered for a calculator program (BKGCalc). I'm using a Pearl, if that matters.

I received the registration number, I believe, from an automated system.

Well, the reg. code includes a combination of lower case letters and numbers, as ab12345.

When I try to enter the registration code, my Blackberry goes into MultiType mode, and ONLY enters capital letters! So, I end up entering AB12345 instead of ab12345, and it gives me the message that I've entered an incorrect password.

If I try to select the "swtich to SureType" option, the program quits with an error message.

I even tried to enter the password in the MemoPad app, then copy it and paste it. Well, it only pastes the numbers it won't paste the letters! This is driving me nuts!

And yes, I HAVE tried to contact the author, so far, haven't heard back from him.

Also tried holding down the letter key, to see if it would change the letter to lower case, but that didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

organic_matter no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Stupid minor problem...any help?

edit your "custom wordlist" text to have that letter combination put in with the exact way you want it

options>custom wordlist>new>type what you need
    and sure type will recognize it im not sure though if the first letter is going to be CAP or not though...

Quote Originally Posted by organic_matter
    edit your "custom wordlist" text to have that letter combination put in with the exact way you want it

options>custom wordlist>new>type what you need
    and sure type will recognize it im not sure though if the first letter is going to be CAP or not though...
    I can't get SureType to work in this program, when I try to implment it, the program quits with an error message.

You did give me an idea, I tried to create a shortcut, but it STILL won't work.

Guess I need to get hold of the author, and see if he can solve it.

Thanks for trying to help, though!

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

did you try this link http://www.bradgoodman.com/blackberry/lostreg.html with the information? try with lowercase and uppercase to see if the reg really does work. Also it might not work with pearl...maybe only curve?

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    did you try this link http://www.bradgoodman.com/blackberry/lostreg.html with the information? try with lowercase and uppercase to see if the reg really does work. Also it might not work with pearl...maybe only curve?
    My problem isn't that I don't know my registration code, I know what it is. (The link you gave is to find your registration code)

The problem is it contains lower case, and in his program, in the registration area, it won't allow me to enter lower case, only CAPS... and it will NOT work with caps.

Thanks, though