I have a BB Pearl through cingular/at&t. It has been "stuck" on GSM since last ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Stuck on GSM?

Advertisement

I have a BB Pearl through cingular/at&t. It has been "stuck" on GSM since last night. I have not been able to send/receive emails or access the internet. I resent my service books and did a hard reset. Still no EDGE. Is there an outage?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Stuck on GSM?

I recently noticed in my area the same thing. When at work all day Wednesday, I had nothing but GSM (where I normally have full bars and EDGE, I had no data available). When I got home it worked correctly, when at work yesterday, sporadic data on and off. I think that they are working with the towers in my area (didn't call to check as I at least had service and was happ enough with that for the time being and it fixed itself within a few hours). Rumor is that they are doing something to the data on the towers to speed up the throughput due to the iphone introduction and it only having EDGE. Others are seeing marked improvement in the days prior to and since its release. I must say that it seems very peppy to me.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

No problems here. I also heard that they are doing some improvements, but I'm not sure if they are done in my area or if not, when they will be...

EDGE has been good for me lately though. Not screaming fast, but acceptable.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

JerryD

Sorry about teh double post. I am just frustrated.
    u
    I called data support. Apparently no reported outages in my area. They went through the same motions. They said to sit tight. It's been 12 hours. Now what?

Encrypt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC6F6

I've had that happen to me here on T-Mobile, but mine was fixed with just a battery pull. Seemed to be a phone issue not the network. I'm not sure if the same goes for you, but I figured I'd share in case it helps.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm fine in the NYC area... no noticable change.

I did come across this web page a few days ago... perhaps you can find out some more info about your specific area there.

http://www.signalmap.com/

charmed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7A06F63C

if ur device is still displaying gsm try pulling the battery and sim card out, placing everything back in and then try registerung the handheld on the rim network by going to settings-options-advanced options-host routing table.. within host routing table click on menu then register now..

you should ne getting a popup saying registration mess sent. then from ur homescreen turn the wireless off and then on.

this should force the edge attach to ur phone......

if this does not work..then call tech support so they can send u teh service books to the device, they might be corrupted....

hope this helps!!!!!

I did all the steps this morning and nothing doing. About an hour later, EDGE kicked on and things are fine now.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

at&t looks to be having a lot of hiccups on the data side as they upgrade their towers and not tell anyone.

Zo