Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know if the 8120 is supposed to support streaming video or has that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3

Streaming Video for 8120

Advertisement

Does anyone know if the 8120 is supposed to support streaming video or has that been moved to the 4.5 OS?
    Follow me on Twitter: summertyme98

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't think T-Mobile supports streaming content period, so if someone has a 8110 or an 8130, they would be the best ones to ask because the stock OS for those devices is 4.3

My 8120 carries the 4.3. That's why I was wondering.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah but your profile says your on tmo right? I'm saying find someone running the same os on a network that allows streaming, this way you would know if the streaming content for the 8120 is network controlled or OS determinef

Oh, I see what you mean. Ok. I'll try that. Thanks!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

I can't get youtube on my 8120, but, was able to get it on both my 8100 and 8320 tmo running 4.5.18 OS

That sucks! If it can handle video recording, why not video steaming?

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't know if this contitutes as streaming per say but I am able to play videos from news sites such as CNN. I could do that in my 8100 but when I load CNN videos on my wifi connections it loads up withing 3 seconds!!!!! That's like streaming except you can actually save the videos in addition to watching them.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I was able to play cnn on my 8120 but mine had no sound. Not sure why. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Tinytube worked on mine! You have to click on save instead of stream. Then the option will come up for you to open. Click on open and it should stream through the media player. Works nice, but the selection seemed to be lacking compared to youtube.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    Tinytube worked on mine! You have to click on save instead of stream. Then the option will come up for you to open. Click on open and it should stream through the media player. Works nice, but the selection seemed to be lacking compared to youtube.
    Streaming means you're watching the video instantly from a site. Downloading means you're putting the full file on your device, could take a while, and then you can watch it. They're not the same thing. After watching a downloaded video you have to delete it off your handheld, you don't have to do that if it was streamed to your phone

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I know. It is weird because if you do what I said...it doesn't save anything to your phone. It streams the video directly on to your media player. I seemed to do this anyways, because There never was anything saved to my phone. There is no waiting for the download. I am 99% sure that it just streams this way. You hit save instead of stream, then open, sand then it streams. I don't know why it works like this but it does.
    Nothing gets saved to my phone when I do this. Streaming only.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    I can stream music! My 8100 couldn't do that, or download music from certain sites, and now I can!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    t-mobile doesn't stream with youtube on the 4.3 software, however some sites will let you stream audio. i haven't figured that one out yet
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    t-mobile doesn't stream with youtube on the 4.3 software, however some sites will let you stream audio. i haven't figured that one out yet
    Any reason why T-Mobile doesn't allow it Jonny? Well incase I'm not allowed to post this, MOD can remove this... but mp3raid.com is where I get all my downloads and also the site I found out I can stream audio from!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast