Okay Im thinking about upgrading my Pearl to the new Pearl (when it is released). ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

STreaming Media- A Hardware or Software problem?

Advertisement

Okay Im thinking about upgrading my Pearl to the new Pearl (when it is released). I noticed the Pearl 2 has the ability to stream media from the internet. So for the old Pearl, is the reason it cant stream video from the web a hardware or software problem? If it is a software problem Im thinking I might stick with my Pearl for a little while longer than expected.

genoist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3179F2D7

Re: STreaming Media- A Hardware or Software problem?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    OS 4.3 supports streaming. The Pearl 2 comes preloaded with 4.3, so I would assume that once 4.3 is released for the 8100, that you will be able to stream as well.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I am curious if the video record will be activated with the release of 4.3 or if there is a chip missing to actually perform the recording.

Zo

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I would presume that the advent of v4.3 will not mean you have video-taking capability, but will have streaming capability. The 1st would require hdwe, the latter would only require software codecs relative to the streaming format.