So I've had my Pearl from Cingular for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jvwain no está en línea Stack level 1

Strange Pearl problems with call list and home screen...Help?

Advertisement

So I've had my Pearl from Cingular for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely can't stay away from it. I don't download any weird obscure programs onto it or anything like that but I seem to be having some problems with it.

The first problem I noticed was that every now and then the Call List would disappear. I would go into phone mode and the call list would show no calls. Then if I made a call or two they would show up but then disappear again. The only thing that I found to stop this was to turn it off and pull the battery and then turn it back on again. Any thoughts?

My second problem is with SMS messages. I've been using the "Today Plus" theme I got from mobile.blackberry.com since pretty much the first day I had it. My problem is that when I receive a SMS message and read it, sometimes (seemingly at random) the message won't remove itself from the home screen and it will stay up as if its a new message. I can even delete the message and it will disappear from the message list but still remain on the home screen under messages and I can still open it and interact with the message as normal. Any thoughts on this?

If at all pertinent, I use an Intel Mac Book Pro running OSX 10.4.8 and I sync with PocketMac I got from BB. I don't feel like having to call customer service about these problems so if anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

J

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Strange Pearl problems with call list and home screen...Help?

Usually thats how its going to work, the battery pull. Another reason why the call log thing might be happening is that u might be running out of space on your device. Try deleting a few appls. that u aint using or maybe the demo video/song.

About the SMS, I never had an issue but again the battery pull should do the trick

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Welcome to PinStack, btw

soarin no está en línea Stack level 2

I upgraded my os to the .71(cingular) and my call list stopped disappearing,you can try that? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You really need to remove any of the Language support packages you don't need from your Applications List. Since you are a Mac user you may be limited to doing this from the Options/Advanced Options/Applications list. Just select the unwanted language and from the Menu select Delete. Remember to remove/reinstall the battery after deleting all the ones you don't need.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles