Hi guys.I got a question to ask.After I deleted some themes from my BB 8100, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TheCGS no está en línea Stack level 1

Strange note massage on my BB8100 screen

Advertisement

Hi guys.I got a question to ask.After I deleted some themes from my BB 8100, a strange note message poped up on my screen after the device's restart, saying -

Uncaught exception:net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAcce ss Exeption

What does this mean and how can I remove it\solve it???

Thank you .

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi The, how were you deleteing the themes? If you just deleted them on the device, try a battery pull. If you were using the DTM or Java loader for tweaking, you will have to reinstall the OS to get rid of it. It is possible one thing may have nothing to do with the other and you need to do a reload or Update either way, but always strat with a battery pull. Device should be on during the battery pull BTW.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Well I deleted them directly from the device....I will a battery pull and I will post back the result....Thanx

Well it doesn't remove and a even got another one which says Uncaught exception:ApplicationRegistry.wait For(0x37ae019c30e93e15)time out.

I remember installing BBmaps from the site PC to device...well I'm not sure how to get rid of it so if there is any ideas please..share

Here is something else when i turn my BB the first message is Uncaught exception:ApplicationRegistry.getOr WaitFor(0x37ae019c30e93e15)owner died Thread[Thread-128131072051]

What in the blue hell is this and how to get rid of it.It's realy pissing me off....Help

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Hmmm...where did you download this theme from?

From here.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    But you have since removed the theme right? Man that is rough. If you pulled the battery with the phone on, the Next step is a SW reload. Actually there is one other thing but this will sett the device back to factory. Got to Options>Security Options>General Settings> hit the Menu key> Select Wipe handheld>Select Continue>type in Blqackberry, if you chose this route do not pull the battery or do anything till it is finsisde, you can try a selective back up before you do this, In DTM do back up and restore but hit advanced and ONLY back up address book and Calander and Notes. NOTHING else, If it lets you do that then Wipe it. If you dont have much on it, then just wipe it. Other then that it is back to a reload. Sorry
    Last edited by pda.teck; 03-18-2008 at 05:04 PM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Update: I turned it off for i few seconds and then i turned it on again and the messages disappeared , now i don't know what that could be and why it happened , not even sure if it's going to show up again.

Now offtopic. I installed Google maps from my BB browser but it doesn't work.I mean
    I press enter over the icon but nothing..... just nothing.Any thoughts????

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCGS View Post
    Update: I turned it off for i few seconds and then i turned it on again and the messages disappeared , now i don't know what that could be and why it happened , not even sure if it's going to show up again.

Now offtopic. I installed Google maps from my BB browser but it doesn't work.I mean
    I press enter over the icon but nothing..... just nothing.Any thoughts????
    Glad you got it worked out, try to do a softreset to get Google Maps to work, I've ran into apps that required me to do so in order for them to work!! good luck

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Well program aberations do happen, If it happens alot then relaod the OS, I am glad it seems to have worked out.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Glad you got it worked out, try to do a softreset to get Google Maps to work, I've ran into apps that required me to do so in order for them to work!! good luck

First Thanx for the advise, i did exactly as you said but after the soft reset the disturbing messages came back an google maps doesnt work again.when i press enter it stuck just like that and i cant move through the icons.

PS. I've just turned it off and on cus it stucked and the messages were gone but again when i try to start google maps nothing happens .Im going to try that Wipe handheld option to see if it's going to work.
    Last edited by TheCGS; 03-18-2008 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    But you have since removed the theme right? Man that is rough. If you pulled the battery with the phone on, the Next step is a SW reload. Actually there is one other thing but this will sett the device back to factory. Got to Options>Security Options>General Settings> hit the Menu key> Select Wipe handheld>Select Continue>type in Blqackberry, if you chose this route do not pull the battery or do anything till it is finsisde, you can try a selective back up before you do this, In DTM do back up and restore but hit advanced and ONLY back up address book and Calander and Notes. NOTHING else, If it lets you do that then Wipe it. If you dont have much on it, then just wipe it. Other then that it is back to a reload. Sorry
    I got a question before i hit the wipe handheld.What actually will happen when the device is set back to factory.Is it going to be different from the condition i bought it ?How to reload the SW?
    Last edited by TheCGS; 03-18-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Well guys I performed wipe handheld but afterwards I saw that everything was the same .I mean all the apps where there the *** pain messages too and the google maps stucks again.Really i dont now what to do.I guess the only option i have left is to reload the SW but i will be thankfull if someone explains me how to do it.

Thanx

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I would backup before doing the wipe. That will save all your PIM stuff.