My phone recently has started playing a strange melody that can barely be heard unless ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ram100987 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA9F9

strange music

Advertisement

My phone recently has started playing a strange melody that can barely be heard unless my ear is to it. The only way to make it stop is a battery pull. The only thing I can think of us it might be the zelfa music but I haven't played it in a while. I'm going to get rid of any programs I don't often use tonight when I get off to see if that fixes it. Anyone else had this issue and know the fix?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: strange music

once you do the battery pull, do you try and play the music again?
    i have no idea why your phone would suddenly start playing, unless the media player is still on? maybe? but not sure the volume would be soo low...

check to see what apps you still have open?
    hold down the bottom left key (alt) and press the back key (to the right of the trackball). that will bring up a window of open apps.

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

ghost in the machine.....

alvin34865 no está en línea Stack level 2

ghost ???

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Do a master reset.
    Open your dm and go to back up restore and back up your info. Then on your phone go to otions, security options, general settings, hit menu and select wipe handheld. When everything is done connect your phone to your dm go to back up and restore your files.

This should fix it if nothin else does.

BB Downloads
    www.*****.com

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

you would also need to make sure you have device software for the bb. the backup/restore isn't going to restore your OS.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I aint sure if that back up restore deletes or restores your OS but I'm sure it brings it back with a restore without reinstalling it again.

BB Downloads
    www.*****.com

dopeyloc718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E26A21

yea me to i have that problem but i think its that terrible game i downloaded on to my pearl i went to this site i forgot the name but it had a bunch of games for the pearl but they were mostly crappy and theres on a car game and it plays this song but its very quiet so im gunna be taken that off asap its annoying

ram100987 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA9F9

well it hasnt started playing again yet... but I always try to hit menu and then close whenever im done with a program
    (I do it to try and save battery and to help it run faster, but dunno how much of a difference it actually makes) but next time it play it, if it does, i will try alt delete and see if there are any programs that mysteriously opened and are playing the music.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Keep us posted. I curious about this one.

Torrentman no está en línea Stack level 1

i had the same "ghost" music too....i'm not sure what it was, but i too had some crudy car game that i think had that music. Even if i played an mp3 on the player, i could still hear the weird music playing in the background. Did the batter pull thing....never played the game again....haven't had that problem again.

dopeyloc718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E26A21

yea its that car game i forgot the game but i took it off my fone and i havent had that problem but it was funny i was sitting on my couch with my gf and we was looking at my fone i was showing her something and it was very quiet lol then all of a sudden that song started playing then we started laughing it was awkward

ktabel01 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having this same problem with two games. Zelda and tomcatdogfight. Curious if any solution other than just deleting the games has been found. They obviously work for some people and I was just curious if there is a setting somewhere to stop the background music. It's just these java based games causing the trouble.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~maybe uping your medication.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

or taking less?

seriously, sorry this issue has been around for a while, and with different games and no sorry delete is your only option
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!