Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok. so i've had my phone for about 3 months now. I have a concern ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

auggnation no está en línea Stack level 2

Strange icon appeared

Advertisement

ok. so i've had my phone for about 3 months now. I have a concern though i'm sure it's nothing. 2 days ago a phone icon showed up at the top depending on which theme it is in different locatoins. IT doesn't matter which theme i use or which version of software i have it's still htere. I've tried battery pull. i've tried, formating by USB then re-installing. It won't go away. Blackberry's site doesn't even mention this icon in anyway. The icon is a phoen with two small triangle like arrows going out of the top away from it. It's the same for every one of my 10 themes. ANy suggestoins on what it is, or if i can get rid of it?

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Maybe it thinks you have a missed call or voicemail. Try to call yourself from another phone then don't answer and leave a voicemail. Then mark everything read and delete the voicemail.

I've never seen the icon you speak about through.

edit: I just found manuals. http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/W...user_manual%3F

I just learned something myself. I never knew when on a call I could hit $ and speakerphone turned on.

Which blackberry do you have?
    Last edited by white2003; 10-05-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Good guess I thought of that also. Tried and nothing. Still there.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you select the icon, what does it say for its description? Also, if in invoke it, what does it do? It could be an app that your carrier is pushing (which will mean you get it back every time you register).

I can not select it. Apparently. It's up under the date when in BB theme's on the AllTel phone. It's the alltel pearl. I thought it was a speaker phone thing but I don't think so ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ah..it's not an icon, it's a status indicator up in the ribbon. (good to know)
    Which BB do you have and what network are you on? Also, did you verify that you don't have voicemail waiting? If you look in the manual for your device, is that status indicator listed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Ah..it's not an icon, it's a status indicator up in the ribbon. (good to know)
    Which BB do you have and what network are you on? Also, did you verify that you don't have voicemail waiting? If you look in the manual for your device, is that status indicator listed?
    ok. it's the blackberry pearl for alltel. yeah, i called my phone and left it missed call go to voicemail left voicemail. Then cleared both out and it did not change. I also completely formatted my phone by Jloader so it should have fixed it that way. It's definately a strange thing I will admit that. Only reason i'm concerned is it seems that my battery is goign down a bit faster since the icon has showed up.

So, does it say that you're on the alltel network right now, or does it say that you're roaming on Sprint? (that might be the roaming icon).
    Also wondering if it isn't their "push to talk" icon...know that's something that they have on their networks as well. I'll have to defer to one of the folks that has a CDMA device on this one - I don't have that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    So, does it say that you're on the alltel network right now, or does it say that you're roaming on Sprint? (that might be the roaming icon).
    Also wondering if it isn't their "push to talk" icon...know that's something that they have on their networks as well. I'll have to defer to one of the folks that has a CDMA device on this one - I don't have that feature.

No pust to talk isn't on my phone. I've got that removed. and yeah it says im on the alltel network. I thought maybe it was voice dialing but that didn't work either. The part that makes me scratch my head is no matter what Theme i use the indicator is still the same. I've got about 10 different ones on here but they all show the icon as hte same.

Heh, well, if no-one else with a CDMA pearl chirps up, I guess you can call Alltel support and ask them what that is - or e-mail their support from their website.

How about this. Go to Options, advanced options, gps, and change GPS services from location on to 911 only. See if it goes away.

yeah it's not the GPS thingy. I thought it was too.

Damn, Sorry I am out of ideas then. Can you take a picture so we can see it?

Um is there a way to screen cap? Cause I can take a picture but it will look horrible

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hmm. Hit the alt key 4 times fast, see if that does a bug report. If it does, e-mail it to a web-enabled e-mail address you have. It'll include a screen capture for the screen you're on. Post it here...see if we can't find out what that indicator is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast