Hi- I recently started having strange problems with my alt key and shift key. Normally, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jordo2798 no está en línea Stack level 1

Strange Alt and Shift Key Problems

Advertisement

Hi-
    I recently started having strange problems with my alt key and shift key.

Normally, when typing a message, I can hold down the Alt key and hit any other buttons to get the alternative key value (while still holding down the alt key). Now, I have to press Alt, let go, and then click the other key. Same thing happens with the shift key.

I did a battery pull and it solves the problem, but the issue keeps coming back.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

jordo2798 no está en línea Stack level 1
    OK, I am going to answer my own question because I just figured it out. But, in case other's are having the same problem...here it goes:

Recently the battery cover on my BB broke and I have been holding it on with a rubber band on the top of the device until i get a new cover. It turns out that the rubber band was pushing against the volume button holding it down. When that happens, the Alt and Shift keys do not operate properly. So, if anyone else is having this problem, check your volume keys to make sure that they are not stuck in.

Hope this helps.