Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I got CloneDVD mobile last night and converted one movie. I ran out of time ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jlambeth1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Storage of movies on sdcard

Advertisement

I got CloneDVD mobile last night and converted one movie. I ran out of time to put it on my phone and don't know if I chose the right settings. In the mobile devices list, I did not see the Pearl listed so I chose a random device (at work right now and can't check what device I chose). Any suggestion which device I should have chose to get it formatted properly for my Pearl?

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

there is a blackberry pearl selection in clone dvd. it should be underneath "archos"
    also make sure that you have clonedvd for mobile...

jlambeth1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the tip. I do have clonedvd for mobile. I have been too busy to see which device I originally chose but whatever it was, it worked great. I watched a little bit of 40 Year Old Virgin this weekend while I was in line at Disneyland and it filled up whole screen (other than the controls of course).

backdoc no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok, so I finally downloaded: http://www.seabyrdtech.com/bbvideo latest version and it is on my desktop. I read through the posts but how exactly does it work? Do I just put a DVD in my computer and open the program? Does it work automatically? Forgive the questions but am anxious to try it tonight at home but new to the BB and not the most adept w/ computers. Thanks for your help guys/gals.

pearlsrock no está en línea Stack level 2

[quote=hpmcdonald]I encode my movies straight from DVD to my Pearl using CloneDVD Mobile from Slysoft.com. I use it in conjunction with AnyDVD (to get past copy protection).

I downloaded these and am having some trouble.How do you get it to go to the blackberry without having to store it on cpu?I got it to work ok.(The decoding) but then it wanted me to save to cpu and that was going to take many hours
    Thanks for any insight.

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Thumbs up Re: Storage of movies on sdcard

DVD Shrink will also work with DVDClone Mobile. I us it all the time, and it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Papag
    DVD Shrink will also work with DVDClone Mobile. I us it all the time, and it's free.
    So can you go straight from dvd to pearl with this software?I wasnt really interested in putting it on my cpu.Thanks

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2

When you connect it to your PC, your Pearl will ask if you want to go into "mass storage mode." If you say yes, your storage card will just appear as a drive on your PC.

Then, when you run CloneDVD mobile, simply make the video folder on your micro SD card the target to write to. It usually only takes me around 30 minutes for a 2 hour movie.

That's a lot faster than transfering the file through the Desktop Manager.

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Pearlsrock,

First you have to remove the copy protection and delete all the other languages you don't want with either DVD Shrink or ANYdvd. Then use either DVDClone Mobile or Blackberry video to convert it for the Pearl, THEN download it to your pearl thu the USB port on your PC with the USB cable supplied with your pearl. Make sure Mass Storage is turned on on your pearl.

Ok,Im close.I got everything going and the pearl and sd card are now on E drive.I selected it all and when it goes to copy it just sits there.Its like super slow motion or something.The preview screen shows the movie and everything.At the beginning there is some writing and it took like 15 minutes for it to move off the intro into a screen shot.At this rate there will be a part two to the movie before it downloads.Any ideas.Thanks so much.

That's really strange. What operating system are you using? How old is your computer? How much memory do you have on your PC? Are you using Clone DVD Mobile? (not plain Clone DVD - it's for making a new copy on a DVD disc)? Have you tried another DVD (maybe something older with older copy-protection)?

My computer is about a year old HP laptop running at a couple ghz (I think) . I am using XP and have 2gb of memory. It takes me about 30 minutes to go straight from DVD to Pearl using Clone DVD mobile. There are some DVD's that don't work for me (especially Disney movies - copy-protection issues)

Quote Originally Posted by hpmcdonald
    That's really strange. What operating system are you using? How old is your computer? How much memory do you have on your PC? Are you using Clone DVD Mobile? (not plain Clone DVD - it's for making a new copy on a DVD disc)? Have you tried another DVD (maybe something older with older copy-protection)?

My computer is about a year old HP laptop running at a couple ghz (I think) . I am using XP and have 2gb of memory. It takes me about 30 minutes to go straight from DVD to Pearl using Clone DVD mobile. There are some DVD's that don't work for me (especially Disney movies - copy-protection issues)

Maybe I will try another movie.Ive only tried the one.Im using my Dell laptop.Its one year old on xp.It has a 40 gig hard drive.Im using the mobile dvd clone version.Thanks for the help I'll check back

Well?? Any Progress?

No,Still no luck.I tried converting file to cpu and still the same game.I let it run for like 45 minutes and it was on 1% still on the opening credits.I even downloade dvd clone 2 and it did the same thing.So,I think Im going to install all this on wifes cpu and see if it does any better.Maybe its just something in my settings on my laptop.I'll let you know.It didnt take them this long to film the movie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12