Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newbie question here... I have a 1 gb storage card which I got for storing ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

Storage of movies on sdcard

Advertisement

Newbie question here...
    I have a 1 gb storage card which I got for storing large size (200 mb) movies. When I save a movie in using mass storage mode on the card, should I store in the blackberry folder, or outside it? I assumed that storing in the blackberry folder meant storing on the device memory, so I created a folder outside the blackberry folder called movies and dragged the movie there. I now find that when I try to play the movie with media player, it cannot find the movie!
    Please help!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Storage of movies on sdcard

you want to put them under blackberry/videos. Make sure they are converted right so your pearl can play them.

Then you can access them under Media,Videos,Media Card.

Hope that helps dilipc

emmanuel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F577A3

Hi,

Try this..
    Go to media, click menu-->Explore-->Media Card. Here you must be able to see your new folder along with blackberry folder, open it and try to play.

Storing any data into blackberry folder of SD card is not device internal memory. Its that SD card your accessing.
    Last edited by emmanuel; 03-14-2007 at 07:44 AM.

reddog187... emmanuel... many thanks for that prompt reply. I have now to learn how to convert them to play on the Pearl! Any tips?

jlambeth1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Go here to download this free converter. I've used it and it has been fast and reliable for me. http://www.seabyrdtech.com/bbvideo

jlambeth.. thanks
    I'll try it out today.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by dilipc
    jlambeth.. thanks
    I'll try it out today.
    Dilipc, tell us if it works, and what the quality of the movie was. i might just have to try this myself aswell..

@SeRViiCiiO... tried and tested! It works fine, finger than I thought! Ok ok, I still don't have full screen movie yet, but it works without jerks and quality is pretty good. I strongly recommend http://www.seabyrdtech.com/bbvideo to convert movies to Pearl!

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2

I encode my movies straight from DVD to my Pearl using CloneDVD Mobile from Slysoft.com. I use it in conjunction with AnyDVD (to get past copy protection).

I get 2 hour movies from DVD straight to my Pearl in about 30 minutes (usually about 150 mb, so I can fit about 8 movies on a 1 gb chip). They are not free, but Slysoft gives you a fully unrestricted 21 day trial. After that, I think both programs are about $70 together. I get regular free upgrades, so I always have the newest versions.

It's worth a try for everyone

I too wish we could get the movies to show up fullsrceen but until someone figures that out, this is better than nothing. Hmpcdonald, I have Clone DVD and AnyDVD but had not thought of using them for mobile movies. Are there any special settings I should know about before I give it a try?

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

You can also try Super C to convert your movies. If you adjust the settings correctly then your movie will be as big as it can possibly be. The instrucions for this can be found here. I highly recommend this to encode your videos and movies.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

Thanks COJO 24, I'll have to give this a try when I get home.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Too bad super doesn't encode to 320:240 or 240:180. I don't know about anyone else, but some of my video gets cut off on the pearl using 352:288, and 176:144 plays really small.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

*dilipc* went home after work and tried the program. i was able to get inside man to about 260 mb. Took a while for the movie to get to that size but after that i transferred it to the pearl in a jiffy. Movie looks nice!

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Quote Originally Posted by jlambeth1
    I too wish we could get the movies to show up fullsrceen but until someone figures that out, this is better than nothing. Hmpcdonald, I have Clone DVD and AnyDVD but had not thought of using them for mobile movies. Are there any special settings I should know about before I give it a try?
    Hey jlambeth1, good thing you have AnyDVD, it will work in the background when you rip the DVD. However, you will need to download CloneDVD mobile as well (Clone DVD will not convert Pearl quality movies, it has to be CloneDVD mobile.)

for new users out there who would like to try this program, again you need to download:

AnyDVD
    +
    CloneDVD mobile

both from SlySoft http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd-mobile.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast