Hi. I'm new to this Blackberry thing. Still trying to figure out all it does. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

liftedf250 no está en línea Stack level 1

Stopping email alerts

Advertisement

Hi. I'm new to this Blackberry thing. Still trying to figure out all it does. I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me. I would like to stop receiving email alerts everytime I get an email. I have tried to follow the instructions on the phone itself to no avail. Someone please help!!!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: Stopping email alerts

you can try logging into the BIS server for your provider and removing the email address you have attached to it.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure how to do that. Do you mean on the phone itself, or online with my computer??
    Thanks.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

he's talking about online. your carriers website.
    why would you not want to get your emails? Isn't that the point of a BB?

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

You can disable the message blinking alert on the phone and also turn all the notifications to silent. You would only be left with the email icon on the top showing you have 10000 unread messages.

Let me rephrase that. I want to stop getting emails from a certain account. When I set the phone up, I entered 3 email addresses, but I want to remove one of them.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

yep, you would log into bis account and remove it.

who is your provider?

I have Cingular.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

This just isn't working. I never set up a email address with a server. When I got the phone and went through the set up process, I entered personal email accounts on the phone itself. When I get an email, I get a notification on my phone. I can't view the email. Only the first line of it. I want to remove this from my phone and set it up through the server instead. Is there any way to reset the phone? I'll just set it up again. That seems to be the easiest way.

zta
    zta no está en línea Stack level 2

hi
    i'm new to bb and have tmobile, so i don't really know...
    try this?
    use bb menu > scroll to find 'set up internet email' > then it connects (to tmobile for me, maybe it will go to cingular too) > then i have an 'email accounts' link under 'services', click on the 'email accounts' > then it lists the email addresses i have set up > click on the one you don't want > then should be option to 'edit' or delete' ... that's as far as i got since i don't actually want to delete anything but was curious how to do it....
    maybe this can help.
    otherwise maybe just call cingular they can probably fix it for you (?)
    good luck

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by liftedf250
    This just isn't working. I never set up a email address with a server. When I got the phone and went through the set up process, I entered personal email accounts on the phone itself. When I get an email, I get a notification on my phone. I can't view the email. Only the first line of it. I want to remove this from my phone and set it up through the server instead. Is there any way to reset the phone? I'll just set it up again. That seems to be the easiest way.
    the link I gave you was to cingular's bis login. all blackberries require a BIS or a BES in order to receive any type of data. when you set it up through your phone that was just a connection to Cingular's BIS. you can access the BIS through your phone or through the internet (again, the link above). since your phone way wasn't working, that login is the alternative. once you sign in you will see the option to be able to remove/add any email accounts you would like.

now by 'server' do you mean you wish to switch from BIS (your current way of accessing internet/mail) to a BES server?

rahul.lovell no está en línea Stack level 1

hi - i have disabled the bb alerts from my bb. however, i would like to see alerts (ie a message on the screen that i have an sms) only for my sms only. i dont want to see the email alert as i dont want to be addicted to checking my bb everytime to see if a mail has come through. anyone knows how to configure this?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

The only thing you will see is the little envelope indicator, a red asterix on your messages icon and the flashing red LED. You can disable the LED in your Profiles. The icon will always pop up no matter what and the red asterix will too.