Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How can I stop my BB going to sleep (standby mode) every time I put ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ndwgolf no está en línea Stack level 2

Stop Standby mode

Advertisement

How can I stop my BB going to sleep (standby mode) every time I put it in the belt clip holster, you see I want to be able to use the voice calling option when I am driving using the blue tooth head set but every time I put my phone in its holster it goes into sleep mode.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: Stop Standby mode

Good question. Kinda ironic too since I was trying to do the same thing while driving today as well. Not sure if you can stop this from ocurring with a "sleeper mode" case.

I think it was designed to automatically put your berry to sleep.

Now I do believe that if you go to your options you may be able to designate what happens when you holster your device...hold on, will confirm!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Tried to update under Profile, Phone...but no such luck. Only options are for it's behavior in regards to ringers in and out of the holster.

Anyone else with a solution?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf
    How can I stop my BB going to sleep (standby mode) every time I put it in the belt clip holster, you see I want to be able to use the voice calling option when I am driving using the blue tooth head set but every time I put my phone in its holster it goes into sleep mode.
    I don't have a solution for you, but I can tell you that with my case, I don't have this issue.

I use the Seidio case, with the sleep function, and my bluetooth headset connects just fine even when it's in the case.

I have my Pearl set with bluetooth turned on all of the time. When I leave my house, I put the bb in it's case, which puts it into sleep mode (the display goes off).

When I get in my car, where I leave my headset, I simply turn on the Plantronics headset, and it instantly connects to my Pearl. I don't bother taking the Pearl out of it's case.

My Profile (Normal) settings are as follows:

In Holster: Vibrate + Tone
    Tune: Whatever (doesn't matter)
    Volume: High
    Do Not Disturb: No (Not sure what this feature/setting means)

Wish I could help you more, but again, you CAN set up your bb to connect to a bt headset in it's case, in sleep mode.

Voice dialing works fine as well.

I dont have the option for "In Holster" where do i find that?

I dont have the option for "In Holster" where do i find that?
    In Applications, find and click on "Profiles"...

When Profiles opens up, scroll to the bottom, and select "Advanced"...

Click on your Normal Profile, and you'll be able to edit it.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    In Applications, find and click on "Profiles"...

When Profiles opens up, scroll to the bottom, and select "Advanced"...

Click on your Normal Profile, and you'll be able to edit it.

Hope this helps.
    When i click on a profile i.e.load or normal, that profile is selected and then the screen goes back to the background screen "No option to edit" and i still cant find the holster option?
    Sorry for being a pain

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You have to scroll down to the bottom and click on advanced.

Zo

OK got it, but when my phone is in the holster and i click the left application button "voice dialing" nothing happens, when the phone is out of the holster and i click the left button voice dialing is activated

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Use the headset to activate the voice dial, not the keypad on the phone. Standby disables all buttons on the unit.

Zo

svcrick no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB I don't know how to stop standby but I can tell you what I do. I am a truck driver and the first thing I do when I get in is secure my BB to a mount I have on my dash, that way everything functions normal and if I get a text or I am following a map I don't have to fumble around or take my eyes off the road. A good variety and quality of mounts can be had in any of the larger truck stops, yes, even a better selection than walmart in most places. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    Use the headset to activate the voice dial, not the keypad on the phone. Standby disables all buttons on the unit.

Zo
    I use a Sony Errickson head set not sure how to do that or even if the head set will do it, i am stuck on an oil rig for 2 more days i will try it when i get home and see if i can get it to work
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek

Zo
    Zo,
    what head set do you use, i have the Sony Errickson HBH-660 not sure if i can get it to poen voice dialing??

nd
    I use the Plantronics 340 headset.

With that headset (and most headsets), there is basically ONE button. If the phone rings, I press that button to answer the call. Press the button again, the call is ended.

If I'm not on a call, and I press and hold the button, I'll hear a beep, then the woman's voice, saying "Say a command".

I say "Call", then I wait...

She says "Call who?"... again, when she's done, I'll say the person's first and last name.

Etc., etc.

Works about 9 out of 10 times, and again, I can do this with my Pearl in it's case and in sleep mode (sleep simply turns off the backlighting, and the Pearls buttons... you can still make calls, answer calls, etc. in sleep mode)

Hope this helps.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Zo,
    what head set do you use, i have the Sony Errickson HBH-660 not sure if i can get it to poen voice dialing??
    I personally use an H500 but am using it with an 8700 so I don't have voice dialing unfortunately.

Zo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast