So, for some reason, every number in my 8130's address book dials a "1" in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Vrmithrax no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3133AA47

Question Stop dialing 1...

Advertisement

So, for some reason, every number in my 8130's address book dials a "1" in front of the number, even though the numbers are listed without the prefix... If I manually dial a number without the 1, the phone recognizes I am calling someone from the addy book, but I can't manually dial everything here.

This could end up being an issue for my Verizon coverage when traveling into Canada. As I recall, on my old LG phone, if you dialed a "1" then the number, and were in a roaming area of Canada (or even in some extended areas), you got charged extra long distance charges. None of us were aware of that little nugget of info, and we got nailed for a HUGE phone bill one month that 3 of our techs were up in Canada frequently... Verizon helped drop the charges down, but told us to NEVER dial a 1 from their cell phones at any time.

And now here I am with a new 8130 and it's dialing a 1 every single time... How the heck do I get it to stop? Anyone?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Open the Phone application (green button or from the icon).
    Hit menu and open the options.
    Then go to Smart Dialing, and change the opetion for country code to "Unknown". This will stop the 1 from being dialed every time.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Vrmithrax no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3133AA47
    Ah, cool... Didn't know about the smart dialing settings, found where you can disable the 1 for national calls...

Thanks for the help!

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Didn't know that. THANKS!