My BB 8100 Red was stolen from the gym this past Wednesday. I knew that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

xgclvke no está en línea Stack level 1

Stolen BB 8100 Red

Advertisement

My BB 8100 Red was stolen from the gym this past Wednesday. I knew that Cingular would not replace it because they do not insure them. However, I did not know that if the person who took it removed the SIM there was no way to track it and they could simply put in another SIM and begin using it. Is this true?

kase511 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Stolen BB 8100 Red

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ if you call cingular and report it stolen they can track the imei number

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Definitely call Cingular and report it stolen. When swapping sim cards with Nextel people would be able to use stolen phones because the sim is what we activate, not the phone. Now there is a nightly script that is ran so it will automatically tell Sprint which imei and esn you are using, and Im not sure what they do from there, but they know!

My point is hopefully other sim card carriers are doing the same to prevent theft.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

They can track it down but you need file a police report and have them contact Cingular's legal dept in order to see if anyone is using that imei #.
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

aarontm no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A407A8

Are u sure they dont insure it? Because after i bought mine, my insurance went up from 5.99 a month to 29.99 so i was assuming it was just because of the pearl.