Hey I was looking for a good stock ticker program for my 8100 Pearl. Anyone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

studatnu no está en línea Stack level 1

Stock Ticker Program For Pearl

Advertisement

Hey I was looking for a good stock ticker program for my 8100 Pearl. Anyone have any ideas?? Let me know

Thanks!

Manny

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    http://www.handango.com/SoftwareCata...&Ntk=All&Nty=1 Check out this part of Handangos website....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

eh, not really looking to pay for one....

tony597fittr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B9B8D
    My wife and I like the one microhill.com has. Its called stock viewer. Its free and has everything you need on it. Its kind of a pain to setup after downloading, but all you have to do is start the program, push you trackball and select general info.. Go to the site and click wap connection setup and if I can figure it out I'm sure you can. This is my first Blackberry, and I havent had any probs. setting this program up.

Quote Originally Posted by tony597fittr
    My wife and I like the one microhill.com has. Its called stock viewer. Its free and has everything you need on it. Its kind of a pain to setup after downloading, but all you have to do is start the program, push you trackball and select general info.. Go to the site and click wap connection setup and if I can figure it out I'm sure you can. This is my first Blackberry, and I havent had any probs. setting this program up.
    This is my 1st blackberry as well, I tried to get the link to work but unable to do so. You wouldn't happen to know which setting you had to change in order to get it to work did you? Help! thank you!

Manny

PIN/ID
    204B9B8D
    This is from the link on how to set up wap to make it work.
    T-mobiles APN is: wap.voicestream.com
    Good Luck

From your BlackBerry's home screen, select the "Options" application. Highlight the entry for "Service Book" and open it by clicking the trackwheel.

If there is an entry labelled "WAP Transport", highlight the entry, click the trackwheel, and select "View". If there is no "WAP Transport" entry, you will need to contact your mobile operator to obtain your WAP settings.

Click the trackwheel and select "Show HRT".

Click the trackwheel and select "View".

If your device uses GPRS, there should be a line beginning with "APN:". The remaining text on that line is your Gateway APN that you will need to enter in.

Obtain your WAP gateway IP address and port from the "IP/Ports:" entry. The WAP gateway IP address is composed of everything before the first colon (":"). The WAP gateway port is the number following the first colon. For example, if the "IP/Ports:" entry is "10.250.250.250:9201:8205", then your WAP gateway IP address is 10.250.250.250, and your WAP gateway port is 9201.

This is from the link on how to set up wap to make it work.
    T-mobiles APN is: wap.voicestream.com
    Good Luck

From your BlackBerry's home screen, select the "Options" application. Highlight the entry for "Service Book" and open it by clicking the trackwheel.

If there is an entry labelled "WAP Transport", highlight the entry, click the trackwheel, and select "View". If there is no "WAP Transport" entry, you will need to contact your mobile operator to obtain your WAP settings.

Click the trackwheel and select "Show HRT".

Click the trackwheel and select "View".

If your device uses GPRS, there should be a line beginning with "APN:". The remaining text on that line is your Gateway APN that you will need to enter in.

Obtain your WAP gateway IP address and port from the "IP/Ports:" entry. The WAP gateway IP address is composed of everything before the first colon (":"). The WAP gateway port is the number following the first colon. For example, if the "IP/Ports:" entry is "10.250.250.250:9201:8205", then your WAP gateway IP address is 10.250.250.250, and your WAP gateway port is 9201.
    how about directions for a pearl? I don't have some of these windows or options here.....help me!

PIN/ID
    204B9B8D
    Yes you do. Go to your applications page select options, advanced options, then service books, then t-mobile usa wap transportation, then click your trackball and select show hrt, then click on wap voicestream (30), then all of your info is there write down your WAP gateway address, its the number before the first colon.
    THEN,

Just follow the directions in previous post and it will work.
    In the stock viewer program open it, click your trackball and select connect thru WAP, check mark use WAP, enter your WAP gateway address from the BB settings I told you about earlier, then add in the APN selection, wap.voicestream.com.
    If you need more help PM me on this site.
    Good Luck

Yes you do. Go to your applications page select options, advanced options, then service books, then t-mobile usa wap transportation, then click your trackball and select show hrt, then click on wap voicestream (30), then all of your info is there write down your WAP gateway address, its the number before the first colon.
    THEN,

Just follow the directions in previous post and it will work.
    In the stock viewer program open it, click your trackball and select connect thru WAP, check mark use WAP, enter your WAP gateway address from the BB settings I told you about earlier, then add in the APN selection, wap.voicestream.com.
    If you need more help PM me on this site.
    Good Luck
    PERFECT! Thanks!

PIN/ID
    204B9B8D
    No problem. hope it works out for you.

BryanS no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Stock Ticker Program For Pearl

I did all of this and got it working but when I closed the program it lost my settings. I set it up again using the same settings and I get an error message now.

The settings I'm using are: checking the wap box, putting the IP from the service books menu in as the gateway, leaving the port default since it was correct, entering wap.voicestream.com for the wap address, and leaving the last two entries as default.

I'll post the error message as well.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BryanS no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Stock Ticker Program For Pearl

Okay the error message said: net.rim.device.ddc.io.waphttpWAPIException

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~