hello. i bought my bb 8100 pearl barely a month ago and was super excited ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jufran no está en línea Stack level 1

Still White Screen!! Help!

Advertisement

hello.

i bought my bb 8100 pearl barely a month ago and was super excited about it. i got a 2gig microsd for it and everything went pretty well.... until one time while i was watching a movie that i uploaded in it, the screen suddenly lightened until everything turned bright white. so i immediately turned it off. when i switched it on, it was ok. i thought the movie might have been corrupted so i erased the video. two days after, everytime i leave my bb idle for about an hour, when i check it, blank, just white screen.

the problem worsened so i found this forum and thought it just might need an upgrade coz when i checked mine, it was just .67 or something. so i upgraded it to 109. it was ok for 2 days and then the same thing - white screen.

i tried the jl commander to wipe out everything and reinstall a new os again. still the same thing - white screen. is this a hardware problem already? the screen would sometimes be ok but then after several minutes it would just fade.

can anybody help?? this seems to be a common problem with pearl, though... but i still hope there's something i can still do to make my bb work...

thanks!!!

surianto no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Still White Screen!! Help!

if you already use jl commander to wipe and re-install new os but the problem still exists, that it might be hardware problem. try to claim your pearl while it is still in warranty

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

White screen is a hardware problem. Up top where the similar threads are there's this link:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...te_screen.html

Thats the solution if you phone is not under warranty. IF it is send it in like surianto suggested.

surianto no está en línea Stack level 2

wow, what a good thread! thanks for sharing it brother

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    White screen is a hardware problem. Up top where the similar threads are there's this link:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...te_screen.html

Thats the solution if you phone is not under warranty. IF it is send it in like surianto suggested.

mothy no está en línea Stack level 2

Very good thread. My 8830 went white screen on me. I had to wipe and start over but it worked. I have now re established connection to the company BES and reloaded all of my apps. Thanks stackers I thought I was %$#ED!!!!!