ughhh!!! i just spent over an hour taking everything off my media card so i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cuggi5 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f53efa

still no mass storage device!!

Advertisement

ughhh!!! i just spent over an hour taking everything off my media card so i could put it back in my bb and format it. i did that, and it still doesnt show up on my pc as a removable drive! why not??? i just plug it into the back of my pc instead of the front, and it said new hardware found...blah blah, and said blackberry smart phone. but you kno the icon that stays at the bottom when a removable drive is connected? well its not there, and the drive doesnt show up. HELP please!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    check in options, under media card, you might have it set to not be in mass media storage.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    mass storage mode is on...and i have it so that it says prompt when connected...but i never get a prompt....

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    funny thing is...dm works just fine...

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    then you have a problem... if mass storage support is enabled and your not getting prompted you either have a bad usb cable or a bad media card, did you ever try de-fragging it like I said before? if you did, and your cables and card are fine you might ned to re-install a new OS...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Put the card into a card reader via the adapter.

Reformat the drive as a FAT32 (in disc utility if you use mac)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    ^ I usually do use adaptor and put it in my digital camera to load files to my BB . Here_miah...nothings wrng with my cable because desktop manager works just fine....it reads the BB without a problem...this is so weird and annoying any other sollitions?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    You might already know this, but just in case - You have to have your keypad UNLOCKED when plugging it in, if it's locked, it won't prompt you to enable mass storage mode.

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    ^lol...I never even lock my keypad I just PUTmy. Phone in standby mode~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sirka no está en línea Stack level 1
    Have exact same problem, tried everything except for formatting is at FAT32.

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    man im not even about to spend all that time transfering my files from the media card back to the computer, and over again..it takes waaay to long