Am using the Plantronics 855, and generally am happy with it. When playing music, the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3

Stereo Music--very short range?

Advertisement

Am using the Plantronics 855, and generally am happy with it. When playing music, the phone needs to be within a foot of the earpiece (shirt pocket) or the music will "skip." Plantronics says that is normal, but I wonder if anyone has any suggestions to somehow "boost" the BT signal strength? Or do I just live with it? Bill

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Not familiar with the model. I haven't even tried out my A2DP yet because I was looking at the Motorola S9 and it didn't fit well on my big head. But try going to a store and checking out other headsets, if the reps let you try them, try testing the range on the other headsets and finding the best one for you!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3
    I returned the S9--hurt my head also. I like the 855--the second earpiece is connected by a thin braided wire, so it is comfortable from the start. Also good when sitting back in an airplane or at the pool. Just wish the music range was a little longer...

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I've been using the S9 and range isn't an issue for me. I jog and bike so my Curve is always on my hip and no connections problems. Sounds like it may be ab issue with the plantronics device.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Try this: Delete your BT connnection of your P-855. Do a battery pull of your BB device. Re-pair w/your devices apprx. 18" apart. (Note: make sure that if you have other BT devices paired w/ your BB, that your P-855 is at the top of the list.) Give this a shot and see if it's improved.