Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

bought a little adapter from 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm at Bestbuy for 14.99 I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

r3ckl3ss no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Stereo Headset included

Advertisement

bought a little adapter from 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm at Bestbuy for 14.99 I think... now I don't have to fight for use of the iPod...

and can use my larger headset, not limited to phone headsets...

-r3ck

hexcr03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24238CA7

i got stereo head phones for it at best buy also.... works fine... but it was around 25.00... also, i want a damn holster.. where is my holster!!!

Maggie no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm getting crabby waiting for my holster also. And my husband looks like a goof using his 7100 holder with the pearl. Having a cool phone and an oversize case is so not hot.

I noticed that they have the headset adapters at Target. Just use your existing fancy pants headset and get the adapter.
    Proud new Pearl owner.

krusch no está en línea Stack level 1

For those that bought a stereo headset, does the plug have 3 or 4 seperate connections? I tried using an adaptor with just 3 and it doesn't work.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckl3ss
    bought a little adapter from 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm at Bestbuy for 14.99 I think... now I don't have to fight for use of the iPod...

and can use my larger headset, not limited to phone headsets...

-r3ck
    I went to Radio Shack and they only had mono adapters.

I concluded that I need an adapter that has three bands on the shaft? Or four?

I was going to go on eBay to buy one, but if Best Buy has em, I'd like to go there. Can you tell me where you got the adapter, e.g., in the cell phone section of the store. Also, did the package say "works on cell phones with stereo capability?"

Depending on your answer, I'd like to hoof it over there to pick up the little bugger.

Thanks

P.s. I was kinda flummoxed that Radio Shack did not have it. Maybe I went to the wrong store. The teen-aged girl did not seem all that knowledgeable. But at least she quickly opened the sealed package and tried out the adapter to see if it worked. But then again, even I could have seen the one black band on the plug and observed it was mono.

P.p.s. Reason I want an adapter is because I just want to use the phone as an MP3 player at the gym. I don't need, for now, the ability for it to interrupt my tunes when a call comes in or to talk in headset mode. For all that I will buy a headset/stereo for that, maybe, but I don't take my cell phone on workouts. I do not like being disturbed while on the machines.

Does anyone know if using a regular stereo headset with adapter what happens when a call comes in? I imagine at the minimum the display still lights up, etc., but the MP3 player keeps playing?

Or does the music stop because the OS is programmed to do so? Meaning the only thing you can't do with regular headphones is answer or talk when a call comes in.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

No headset, and the box makes no claims of a stereo headset either.
    Less annoyed by that than the lack of even a crappy holster.

Mustaka no está en línea Stack level 1

could have stereo via bluetooth if the 8100 had A2DP technology. anyone know how to get RIM to release an update? Also, they were supposed to start selling the stereo headphones on blackberry's website tomorrow and they already have released them to be out of stock! i just want to listen too MP3s on the pearl in stereo ASAP. some one said they found an after market stereo headphone set that works in stereo? if so please release the barcode number for the product purchased (or a model number and make and where to get it). i think i might go by best buy and see if they can hook me up!

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaka
    could have stereo via bluetooth if the 8100 had A2DP technology. anyone know how to get RIM to release an update? Also, they were supposed to start selling the stereo headphones on blackberry's website tomorrow and they already have released them to be out of stock! i just want to listen too MP3s on the pearl in stereo ASAP. some one said they found an after market stereo headphone set that works in stereo? if so please release the barcode number for the product purchased (or a model number and make and where to get it). i think i might go by best buy and see if they can hook me up!
    I have not ordered this because I am getting the one from RIM, but may want to check it out:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=508

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Quote Originally Posted by feelmaroon
    Lewis. trying having 9 sitcoms, 200 mp3s, 100 jpgs, word, pdf and excel files, a native one touch scrolling gps map of every street in the us, edge browsing, voice dialing and a 1.3 camera with 5x zoom as a throw in on that 7130g (or even on an ipod for that matter). the pearl is legit. cop one, you'll see.
    You tell'em Steve Dave lol

LGV2006 no está en línea Stack level 2

Well, just checked blackberry's website and the stereo headset will not be available until Oct 16. Not too cool
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jongann no está en línea Stack level 1

I just bought a set of stereo headphones/microphone from Jabra (C220 is the model number) at my local Staples. $35 (kind of steep) but they sound AMAZING - almost as good as my $200 Shures. And the microphone is crisp and clear -- my father couldn't tell I was using my Pearl.

If you want headphones now, they are available. Maybe not the BB version, but ones that work are available out there.

harryheat2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Correction,it did not say stereo headset included .it says on the side of the box stereo headset jack included,thank you.

jiv832 no está en línea Stack level 1

you can get an adapter(2.5 mm male to a 3.5 mm female) from radio shack, for around $5.00, and use almost any headset you want.

bruiser_04 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243FCD27

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am missing something or I'm special because mine came with a stereo headset. I did not know it at first and had left it in the box 2 weeks. It is neat to talk with someone in stereo, sounds like they are in my head. LOL

raw557 no está en línea Stack level 1

Mine also came with a stereo headset. I use it to talk to peeps and listen to music, and I think the sound is pretty good.....IMO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast