Would anyone happen to know of some really good stereo headsets that are compatible with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Question Stereo Headset for 8100

Advertisement

Would anyone happen to know of some really good stereo headsets that are compatible with the BB Pearl 8100? I'm looking for more of the in-ear, sound isolating type that also has an in line mic for phone calls. Any direct links would help. Thanks stackers.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Re: Stereo Headset for 8100

oh yeah i have those i'm looking to upgrade from those. thanks

penk no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Stereo Headset for 8100

i've been very pleased with the Body Glove Behind-the-Head Stereo Headset

i picked up mine in person from a BestBuy, but it appears amazon.com has a better price (today).

the good

extremely light-weight. amazingly light-weight. the included 2.5mm-3.5mm adapter is heavier than the headset assembly, i think. stereo sound is excellent, probably not the best out there, but quite suitable for my listening. sound is crisp and clear and bass is certainly there, but less than that of your standard stereo headset. i use these at the office, worn for up to 8 hours a day without discomfort (unlike my old iPod earbuds which killed my concha). earpiece can be worn over (my preference) or under the ear and rest gently around the neck when out-of-ear. the volume output seems better than most and i can listen at lower levels than other headsets, as any setting above 1/3 will block out almost all background noise (noisy AC vent above my desk, telephone conversations at nearby cubes, and my superivisor when they call over to me from the cube nextdoor!).

the bad

my only real complaint is with the rubber rings placed around the buds. they're very delicate and are not fixed to the buds, just gently wrapped around the edge. what makes this bad is the edge of the ring is not flush, so when removing them your ear can grab the ring and pull it loose. this can happen often if you pull the headset off casually, not minding the rings. (then you have to hope you see to where the ring bounced off and rolled!)

the ugly

because such care is taken with the very lightweight design, glues are kept to a minimum and due to the above described "o-ring" issue, the actual speaker assembly is quite delicate. my first pair had one bud's speaker become dislodged from its earpiece setting, and while it could be re-set, was not a permanent fix. thankfully i was within 30 days of purchase and an exchange was simple. note: this has not occurred with the replacement pair, although it would appear construction is the same.

the short

despite the "o-ring" mishaps, i am quite satisfied with these. the price i paid is above what i would liked to have paid, but the audio quality and comfort don't make for a dissatisfying purchase. the 3.5mm adapter (although unsightly) has been handy, as i use the headset with my iPod Shuffle - having only one headset for both devices is convenient. the wire also appears to be better than your usual fare, and because of the shorter length and flexible neck band is very easy to untangle (have had no issues with knots).

oh yeah

my 'berry is data only, and my voice handset is a NOKIA 6230, so i can't remark on the voice usage performance. i would expect it to be fair, but again, have not used it in this manner.