Now that it was clarified to me that the Pearl does support stereo bluetooth, and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

XLink no está en línea Stack level 1

Stereo Bluetooth and cheap headphones

Advertisement

Now that it was clarified to me that the Pearl does support stereo bluetooth, and after doing a little bit of research, I noticed some user stating that music can only be played via the stereo bluetooth connection when you are in a call. If this is true, does someone have a workaround?

Second topic is: What are good stereo bluetooth headphones that will work correctly on the Pearl and do not require me to sell my soul to purchase.

Thanks in advance.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: Stereo Bluetooth and cheap headphones

to answer your first question there are two methods the phone hack trick, which requires you to use your browser and also make a call to get it activated and not touch anything so it doesn't go away. the other way is using dollar5 media player which does the same thing, only it's not a hack and works right away and doesn't interfere with ne thing, however u can try it but you have to buy it to continue use, and it has the same quality level as the hack does which isn't stereo and isn't great, but so long as it works so far right? maybe in future os's we may see a official update to allow this thru the BB media player.

for your second one, I use Motorola Bluetooth HT820, which you can usually find on eBay for around 50-75 dollars, I got mine for 50. they work great with my computer and anything else that supports them, plus they have a music playing battery life of like 16 hours, which is sweet!
    Last edited by RemyKirin; 07-12-2007 at 04:55 PM.

XLink no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for the answer. That helps out quite a bit. My only question is, how can they prove that it is a stereo bluetooth phone when there is no way of hearing media with stereo bluetooth?

fritillaria no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by XLink
    Now that it was clarified to me that the Pearl does support stereo bluetooth, and after doing a little bit of research, I noticed some user stating that music can only be played via the stereo bluetooth connection when you are in a call. If this is true, does someone have a workaround?

Second topic is: What are good stereo bluetooth headphones that will work correctly on the Pearl and do not require me to sell my soul to purchase.

Thanks in advance.
    wait a minute....
    I've been shopping around thinking about getting the bluetooth headphones for my pearl, and nowhere have i seen a mention that these things don't actually work (even in the pinstack store). what's up with that?! Is this a problem with all headsets or just bluetooth? Do you know where I can get more info on this before I by an expensive bit of headgear? Many thanks!

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by fritillaria
    wait a minute....
    I've been shopping around thinking about getting the bluetooth headphones for my pearl, and nowhere have i seen a mention that these things don't actually work (even in the pinstack store). what's up with that?! Is this a problem with all headsets or just bluetooth? Do you know where I can get more info on this before I by an expensive bit of headgear? Many thanks!
    Ok unless you want to deal with much lower quality music streaming thru your bluetooth headphones I would hold off until there is a program or a OS update that fully supports a2dp profile which is the bluetooth stack that supports stereo bluetooth streaming. as I stated b4 there are ways of listening to your pearl via bluetooth headphones thru the phone hack and thru the seperate media player. it's just a software issue that hasn't fully been addressed.

EDIT: Yet.