for those of you like me thinking of saving a couple of bucks and not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

peterw2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Stereo 2.5mm Adapter

Advertisement

for those of you like me thinking of saving a couple of bucks and not buy the Seidio Adapter. don't do it. i learned the hard way that these two types, from ebay do not work (do an ebay search with these descriptions):

"2.5mm to 3.5mm Stereo Headphone Adapter Audio Cable 004"

or

"2.5mm to 3.5mm Stereo Adapter with 3 black rings"

the latter looks almost identical to the Seidio so i was surprised and disappointed that it did not work. so i thought i'd save others from the same experience.

what i do want to know is what is so special about the Seidio that makes it different? aren't these connectors based on a universal standard??

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    No, they are not the same.

They have standards, but they are different standards...one is just for stereo headphones and the other is for headphones w/mics, which is for phones because they also have to have connections for the microphone.

peterw2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks mrdeeno.

the 3 ring jacks of my ebay adapter looks identical to that of the Seidio. are they in fact different?

Quote Originally Posted by peterw2
    thanks mrdeeno.

the 3 ring jacks of my ebay adapter looks identical to that of the Seidio. are they in fact different?
    i have no idea. How far in does your 3-ring adapter go? I have a jabra headset for cell phones (has a mic) and it has 3 rings, but it also has a lip on the base so it doesn't insert fully into the hole. Maybe your adapter is going in too far and the connections aren't corresponding correctly?

purplepack no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have motorola ear peices that are 2.5mm and have stereo... not sure why everyone wants an adapter.

some people have really good and/or expensive stereo headsets that have 3.5mm jacks and would like to use that for listening to music on their pearl.

others have 3.5mm to RCA cables so they plug it into their car or home stereo to listen to Mp3's.

I have a 3.5mm to RCA cable, so would be interested in a 2.5mm adapter, but not enough interest yet to go and buy.

ScottyP5947 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

Hi there, I bought the audio adapter for the pearl (the one without the mic) from Seidio and it only gives audio out of one channel. I exchanged my phone for other reasons and I still had the same issue. After 5+ calls to Seidio, they sent me another adapter and guess what? Still the same issue. I have tried plugging in the headphones first, like the instructions indicate and still no help. I am using the adapter with an RCA adapter to plug it into the stereo in my shop, Seidio tells me that they have had no reports of issues with using it with RCA adapters. I give up, after it taking 5 calls to get another adapter I don't have the time to invest call them again with the issue. Any suggestions?
    Thanks! Scott

sophospearl no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Stereo 2.5mm Adapter

I see this is an old post, but I bought the Sedio adapter and it worked great. I lost it and got the one with the mic and it works great too. You do have to plug the headphones in first.