I upgraded my wife's 8100 to OS 4.5. We are on AT&T and now everytime ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

keizerjrr no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Status Lite stays on solid red after message

Advertisement

I upgraded my wife's 8100 to OS 4.5. We are on AT&T and now everytime she gets a message that illuminates the activity/status lite at the top of the phone, flashing red when a message is waiting..... she goes to the message and then it glows solid red untill you turn the phone off or do a reset. Can't seem to figure out what is doing it. Any ideas out there?

Anybody think maybe it is the OS, or maybe the theme? I am going to change the theme over to the default them from AT&T and see what happens. Still looking for answers....
    Last edited by keizerjrr; 11-21-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: needing help

Well, I changed the Theme.... no change. I checked applications under advanced options and the Color Pearl was showing in bold. I disabled permissions on this application and now no solid glowing red lite in the status. I guess the Color Pearl has an issue with OS 4.5 Anybody else experiencing this phenom?

Turns out that is the case. I went to the site for Color Pearl, geek & proud
    http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/
    They explain the issue quite clearly, also very convieniently directed me to a coresponding app. that does work on the 8100 running OS 4.5 called BlingBall. Hope this information help someone else that runs into this issue after upgrading to OS 4.5.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    This is what you want to use instead of color pearl.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...0_4_5_a-86015/

Lightbulb Finally figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by keizerjrr View Post
    Turns out that is the case. I went to the site for Color Pearl, geek & proud
    http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/
    They explain the issue quite clearly, also very convieniently directed me to a coresponding app. that does work on the 8100 running OS 4.5 called BlingBall. Hope this information help someone else that runs into this issue after upgrading to OS 4.5.

Thanks Jeff..... better late than never.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sadly my 8830 had similar issues. If I had received a msg while typing one or creating an email. The light woukd stay blinking even if I went to the messages folder and read or deleted the message. I just did a soft reboot anf it cleared the problem.

No idea why it happened though.