during calls only, not while listening to mp3's. Just put the new Rogers OS on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3

Static on phone

Advertisement

during calls only, not while listening to mp3's. Just put the new Rogers OS on my unlocked TMO branded pearl and the last few weeks (prior to loading Rogers) I have had static on my voice calls. I had the TIM Italy prior to this one and the original TMO .64? before that. Would this be a network problem or a phone problem? If it is the phone, would anyone be able to provide me with the TMO OS for warranty purposes? Thanx all, Happy Mom's Day for the moms around here.

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Static on phone

No one has any thoughts on this one?

jonnychiro no está en línea Stack level 2

i heard that unlocked phones can sometimes be a problem---call quality wise.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by jonnychiro
    i heard that unlocked phones can sometimes be a problem---call quality wise.
    well considering that a locked phone can be unlocked, this argument doesn't make sense.

i have noticed just once a tiny bit of static for like a second on this new Rogers OS. could easily be network....but who knows.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~did it happen with both OS, before and after the upgrade? If

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i didn't seem to notice it on the TMo Italy OS or the Cingy .71/.73 OS.......but i am wondering if this is simply now visible due to the improved audio quality (ie - the static was masked previously by the constant whirring in the background)???