Greetings all, I am indeed the proud owner of a T-Mobile Pearl v 4.2.0.42. The ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

unibass no está en línea Stack level 1

Standby vs. Screen Lock & Missed Call Indicator

Advertisement

Greetings all,

I am indeed the proud owner of a T-Mobile Pearl v 4.2.0.42. The first question I have is about the Standby Mode (holding down the mute key). Does locking the Pearl (holding the * key) do the same thing or does the unit stay awake?

The second question is...how do I get the call indicator on the main screen to go away. I have cleared out my call logs and it still shows 4 missed calls. The first day I got the phone I missed one call, but by the following day, it disappeared. This time it's not going anyplace.

Thank you,
    Michael

pinchao no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Standby vs. Screen Lock & Missed Call Indicator

Standby VS lock:

Standby mode theorectically should put the phone in a state like in a holster: it doesn't respond to any key other than the mute key. However, for some reason it only works for the first few minutes and the phone starts to repond to keyboard afterwards. When it wakes up, it is in the locked state.

In short: standby is no different than lock mode except for the first few minutes. Why is it this way, nobody knows.

On my phone, going to check phone log alone is sufficient to clear the missed-call indicator. Not sure why it is not working for you. I loaded Rogers update on mine and use the default theme.

Quote Originally Posted by unibass
    Greetings all,

I am indeed the proud owner of a T-Mobile Pearl v 4.2.0.42. The first question I have is about the Standby Mode (holding down the mute key). Does locking the Pearl (holding the * key) do the same thing or does the unit stay awake?

The second question is...how do I get the call indicator on the main screen to go away. I have cleared out my call logs and it still shows 4 missed calls. The first day I got the phone I missed one call, but by the following day, it disappeared. This time it's not going anyplace.

Thank you,
    Michael

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Is it the missed call indicator or a voice mail indicator. If the latter Call you BB from a different phone and leave a new message. Call and listen to the message and they all should go away, but it might help to do a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in), afterwards. If it is the former, use the Message Menu, View Folders and go to Missed Calls folder to see if any unopened Missed Calls Messages are there. Also check the Saved Messages (press the V key in the Message App List).

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

unibass no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you all for your help. After a bit of testing, it seems the standby button saves me a LOT of battery juice. It still seems to receive messages and calls, but I can go a few days before I have to charge it vs. 2 days when I first got it.

I just upgraded to 0.52 so we'll see if that helps the missed call indicator.

Michael