Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

does the phone still ring on standby mode or is everything vibrate, or turned off?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fome no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Standby vs. Keylock

Advertisement

does the phone still ring on standby mode or is everything vibrate, or turned off?

Mhaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

The phone wakes up for a call / SMS in the same setting as it was put to sleep. So if you had it as Loud before, it'll ring Loud.

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I also like this method a lot, but I discovered something tonight you all might be interested in.I noticed when my phone is in standby and I slide it into my tmob holster it would come out of standby instantly. It had my mind boggled for a little bit, then I realized it was from the magnet in the flap. T confirmed this by simply running the magnet flap over my phone. Presto, it pops right out of standby. This leads me to believe that it is not good to have my BB in this holster period. I'm in the market for a new case as of eight now. Any suggestions? Feel free to pin me or email. Thanks guys and gals!

Willeford no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by LanceInPants
    I also like this method a lot, but I discovered something tonight you all might be interested in.I noticed when my phone is in standby and I slide it into my tmob holster it would come out of standby instantly. It had my mind boggled for a little bit, then I realized it was from the magnet in the flap. T confirmed this by simply running the magnet flap over my phone. Presto, it pops right out of standby. This leads me to believe that it is not good to have my BB in this holster period. I'm in the market for a new case as of eight now. Any suggestions? Feel free to pin me or email. Thanks guys and gals!
    im brand new but i was playing with my pearl and under options/security options/general settings....there is a lock handheld upon holstering..you can turn this feature on/off. maybe this has somethign to do with it.

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F

No, the auto lock is not enabled. It is in fact the magenet in the case. Try it.

Mhaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Just a follow up to anyone still plagued by this issue: upgrade to Cingular's 0.71 OS (thread) and the standby / keylock problem will be fixed.

simplexity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Welcome to the stacks~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

Another useful thing about the standby button is that if you are listening to music in the media player, it will pause your music and if you press it again it resumes.

l8nite no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CA7AF

ok now let me show off my newbie powers! I have the pearl but I can not find out how to put it into sleep mode when it goes in to the holster I only get lock keys, when I go to options>>security options>>> general settings. If someone could drag me to the right area that would be great!!!!!!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Also, if the phone is in locked mode, holding the red 'End" key will still turn the BB off

l8nite no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CA7AF

OK never mind i figured it out! duh

YMark no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    YES, the phone is still fully functional. I love this feature!
    If the phone is still fully functional in Standby mode as people here have posted, what exactly is it's purpose? Why wouldn't you have your phone in constant Standby?

There must be something that is disabled or not functional when in Standby or there would be no purpose for it.
    Mark

Genaro no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by YMark
    If the phone is still fully functional in Standby mode as people here have posted, what exactly is it's purpose? Why wouldn't you have your phone in constant Standby?
    For me, it is because I carry the phone in my pocket. Pressing any key does not turn the screen on and draw the battery down, in "standby mode" as it does in "key-lock mode", when ever I move. I have the phone in standby at all times, all functions work for me, I don't however use any IM programs, so I can't make a claim to what those do in standby.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Is using the standby mode the same as using the auto on/off option or putting the phone to "sleep" when I slide it into my OEM holster? What are the differences?

xpsych07x no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EB3735

ive toggle through both, i simply LOVE! using standby, its so much faster to lock+unlock. Also, it locks up ALL they keys. Do you want to dial 911 while the phone is in your pocket?

- xpsych0x
    "23EB3735"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast