i really like the my old blackberry pearl but i was having difficulties with the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

guesswho730 no está en línea Stack level 1

standby problem

Advertisement

i really like the my old blackberry pearl but i was having difficulties with the scroll so verizon replaced it. the problem that i now have is that the standby button is not working in the same manner as my old one. on my old phone when i would press the mute key a prompt would come up saying "phone is entering standby mode press OK to continue or cancel" this new pearl that i have does not have that feature...also when i do put it on standby on the replacement phone all of the keys do not lock..the send, end, back keys still work along with the scroll...is there any way of getting that message back and locking all keys so that only the mute button will turn the standby on and off

strukt99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318b4970
    Are you holding down the mute button or just pressing it?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

guesswho730 no está en línea Stack level 1
    pressing it

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    i have an 8310 and alot of times when my BB is in standby mode i can press the end call button and it will take me from my messages screen to my homescreen. occassionally i will pull it out of my pocket and press the end button or mute button and see that my call log is open aka the call button was pressed. Not sure if this is the same experience you are having. So far i have no fix

capp81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hold it down for a second or two. Plus if you have the updated OS it will go right into stand by mode and not give you the message you mentioned.

scottjb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by guesswho730 View Post
    ...prompt would come up saying "phone is entering standby mode press OK to continue or cancel" this new pearl that i have does not have that feature......also when i do put it on standby on the replacement phone all of the keys do not lock..the send, end, back keys still work along with the scroll...is there any way of getting that message back and locking all keys so that only the mute button will turn the standby on and off
    As mentioned above, the standby prompt went away with the newer OS that is on you new phone.

The four keys you metioned will turn on the display for a few seconds to allow you to see the status of the device (e.g. time, date, message count).