Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

bonz, same question, I am new as well, can anyone confirm standby is done by ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lladna no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Standby Mode verse Keyboard Lock

Advertisement

bonz, same question, I am new as well, can anyone confirm standby is done by pushing "mute" button?

croman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207b39f0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes. Standby is done by pushing the mute button on the top of the pearl. And I too find it much better than the keypad lock!

Sxecory no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Sxecory

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you just hold down the (* SYM)key it locks the key pad, thus freeing up your sidekey if your using it for keylock

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

omg hahaha, i didn't know i had this button. This is way better then the keypad lock imo =)

theriddler2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EADE14

standby mode. way easier to just press the mute button on top to use the feature.
    I don't know what I said, but I know what I think,
    and, well, I assume it's what I said.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

I love standby mode. If my phone is not in my hand it is usually in standby mode. For those of you having trouble answering your phone in standby mode, mine works perfect. Knock on wood. I'll even be jamming out to some music and hit the mute button once to mute it, then push and hold the mute button to unmute and put into standby so I can put it in my pocket. I can even push and hold the mic button and the music will stop playing and it will activate my voice dialing. Then when I hang up, my music will start playing where I left off. All this while in standby mode. And if someone calls me, my music stops playing and I can hear my phone ringing and answer my phone. Too bad it doesn't beep into my earphones, though. But at least my music starts playing again when I hang up the call.

So long story short: Standby is #1.

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

i had the standby problem at first too, but i think i evetually figured out that its because i would lock the keys and then put it in standby mode... so when you get a call it wakes the phone up but the keys stay locked, you have to wait untill they hang up and then unlock the keys. just make sure your keys arent locked when you but it on standby and you shouldnt have a problem.

i used to only use key lock just because i liked being able to always see the time and date on my phone, but now im all about standby, its just as fast to pull it out of my pocket and hit the mute button a couple of times and it helps with battery life.

i wish there was a way to use the autodim photocell to make the phone go into standby, i dont have a case that will do it, so it would be nice to just be able to throw it in my pocket and when there isnt any light at all on the photocell it would induce standby automatically- then when you took it out of your pocket and there was light it would wake up. but... i have no knowledge of program writing and dont know exactly how photo detector on the phone works either so it would be pretty hard for me to get it working.

so anyway theres my two cents, if anyone knows how to make that auto-standby work that would be awesome.
    Last edited by Jacisipmac; 04-06-2007 at 06:45 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12