Hey All, I have had my Pearl for about two weeks now and love it. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

imapfsr no está en línea Stack level 1

Standby mode questions?

Advertisement

Hey All,
    I have had my Pearl for about two weeks now and love it. Switched over from Windows Mobile and what a difference. The question that I have for now is when I press the standbye button and put the unit my generic horizontal case it will sometimes come out of standby. I am careful not to hit any buttons and yet it still does. Am I missing something? I know my brother in law has an older BB and a specific BB holster that makes it shut off or turn on when you bring it out or put it back in. Ant help I would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Todd

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Standby mode questions?

todd - maybe the generic holster you have has the magnetic function in it...which sends the bb into standby on its own...its prolly not turning it off, just a flash of the magnet kicking in as you are sliding it passed?
    just my guess...

cherrichiodo,
    Thanks very much for the reply. I thought that may be what it was, I guess since that whole rig seems to be magnet activated a generic case with magnet would still do it. Is there anyway that you know of that could disable that feature?
    Thanks again,
    Todd
    Last edited by imapfsr; 08-01-2007 at 12:43 AM.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Quote Originally Posted by imapfsr
    cherrichiodo,
    Thanks very much for the reply. I thought that may be what it was, I guess since that whole rig seems to be magnet activated a generic case with magnet would still do it. Is there anyway that you know of that could disable that feature?
    Thanks again,
    Todd
    No way to deactivate it at this time via the BB. Most of the magnets in these type cases are wee small and thin, and probably very tough to remove. You best option might be to get a case without a magnet.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Now that I understand this whole thing I just went out and bought a Blackberry case. What an awesome feature, Windows Mobile sucks man !!!!! Wow, I never thought I would ever say that.
    Thanks again