I found the standby function on my phone while just playing around with the buttons ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mehal88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Standby/Lock

Advertisement

I found the standby function on my phone while just playing around with the buttons about 2 weeks ago. The problem is, it seems like it was using much more battery than the keyboard lock for some reason. I would think it would be the other way around but it isn't the case. When I use the standby, I had to charge nearly everyday (and I'm a pretty light user) but with the keyboard lock, I don't need to charge for nearly 5-6 days, which is extraordinary in my mind. When I was using standby, the battery would be around 15-20% in 24 hours and then I would charge it to 100% while I was getting ready in the morning. But with a keyboard lock, I don't see that problem at all for about 4 days. I am also one of those people that dont see my battery going less than 3 bars, so I charge it when it hits about 15-20%, even though I know I have nearly a day of charge left. Has anyone else been experiencing this as well?

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Standby/Lock

I always used the keyboard lock also...never seen a need for or used standby. I would have thought the battery lasted longer in standby also. I consider myself a fairly heavy user and as long as it get me through the day i'm fine, I just make sure to plug it in before I go to bed (even though I still have around 30-40% remaining).

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

that's strange. Also try and adjust your backlight brightness and timeout settings! might help a little.

mehal88 no está en línea Stack level 1

My backlight is at 10 and the timeout is 20 sec